Sound dreading ?

There are a bunch, some are more expensive, some are less. You can tell what I use - it works and it's pretty good value. Kolossus is 100mil. I've heard other people say there's some stuff sold in small tiles rather than large sheets. I've also seen a site where they do something different, can't remember what it was - does anyone else?

In my eyes - if it sticks, lasts, resists vibration, and withstands high temperatures, should be good to go. I'd also look for value. Stuff like dynamat isn't cheap and most other options that cost way less work at least as well.

Kno Knoise is 80mil, which most other manufacturers sell as their "extreme" version. That's plenty for the doors, plus I didn't want it to be too thick that it interfered with any electronics in there. The trunk doesn't have those restrictions, plus subs vibrate stuff way more than mids.

To be honest, trunk rattling never bothered me. Doors to me are essential. What bothers me now is the rear dash rattling, which can't be deadened and needs to be decoupled.

If you've got some series bass and really want to deaden the trunk, I'd even do 2 layers of the 100mil stuff.

Anyone use gtmat? Amazon has some of there stuff at good pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes, do not get it, it is horrible, get the reckhorn instead.

i had initially used the gtmat and it was so thin, i got the reckhorn to put over the gtmat and it was alot nicer than the 60mil gtmat

yes, do not get it, it is horrible, get the reckhorn instead.
i had initially used the gtmat and it was so thin, i got the reckhorn to put over the gtmat and it was alot nicer than the 60mil gtmat
Reckhorn have that nasty tar smell? Have a kiddo, don't want to expose her to that stuff if I can. Was looking at the knukonceptz one too, just want one that's easy to apply and doesn't have a horrible chemical smell.

Reckhorn have that nasty tar smell? Have a kiddo, don't want to expose her to that stuff if I can. Was looking at the knukonceptz one too, just want one that's easy to apply and doesn't have a horrible chemical smell.
no it doesn't, i can't smell anything on it, its butyl not asphalt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.