single dual 12 box, or 2 single 12 boxes bolted together?

Participant count
  • Participant list
No real difference in sound, but in construction a single box usually requires more internal bracing as you will have larger sides. But if you will have a dedicated amp for each sub, I believe its easier to tune if they are in individual boxes, but I am only going by what ive heard. Ive always had a single amp for multiple subs. My current setup has each sub in its own box, but thats just how I designed it as I have it behind my truck seats, so I have one sub behind each seat and the amp in the middle.

as title states, would there be a difference if both subs in a single ported, or each sub in its own (identical) box bolted together?
Are you concerned about fitment? Like you need to build 2 separate so they will fit in? They would need to be identical in tuning to avoid cancelation issues.

Are you concerned about fitment? Like you need to build 2 separate so they will fit in? They would need to be identical in tuning to avoid cancelation issues.
your spot on. ive make a cardboard clone and it wont fit in the trunk. i either go smaller on box, or trying to halves

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.