Sound deadener recommendations please

Ive been please with noico

It's adhesive has survived Texas summers

No order , flexible , price and does the trick...

It all depends on your application

I had to replace a broken door in my Jeep this winter and picked up a big package of the Noico off of Amazon. Definitely not the same as some of the heavy duty stuff for 3X the money, but then again, at the price I can use 3 layers where needed and IMO the thinner stuff is a lot easier to lay down. I'd just as soon use multiple layers giving me the option to add more where really needed. I also picked up a new car this winter and did the front doors with the noico. Certainly adequate for what I'm doing with it and if I ever get deeper into either vehicle this year I'll probably add more just on general principal.
That said being that I only put it on 2 months ago who knows how well this will stand the test of time? So far I was happy enough for the money and it certainly does what it is intended to do.
similarly, i just installed my fatmat stuff a couple days ago and plan on adding more. so far, so good. ill make sure to report with some long term findings for later inquiries

Are you guys using the 50 mil or 80 mil I could see the 50 Mil being lightweight but the 80 mil is supposed to be full weight so it should weigh on average at least as much as the others I'm sure some of the nicer stuff is probably heavier though or I could be way off haven't really done a ton of deadener only played with the Stinger Roadkill which was nice but super expensive

I have Noico in my car now it stuck very well and I have had no issues. If you are on a budget use that. I always wanted to try secondskin but dam its expensive.

the only place I had an issue with the noico was my roof in the FL heat, but that's BRUTAL heat with a dark color vehicle

So I went back through Amazon and checked out the Rockville deadener, it seems really nice. right now I am between the Rockville kill Matt and noico. the Rockville and kill Matt are both light weigh options supposedly at .44 and .47 pounds per square foot, the Norco is a full weight at .7 pounds per square foot. not really sure how that affects sound deadening but I don't really care about adding extra weight to my truck if the heavier stuff will work better. they all seem to be close to the same price but the Rockville and kill Matt have 5 star ratings and the Noico has 4.5 star rating all of which would probably be good enough for me. if anybody has any hands-on experience with these products please chime in and let me know what you think of them probably going to purchase one of these and the 150 mill CCF made by Norco tomorrow really just want to get the best thing that I can for my money honestly I would probably be happy with any of them like I said not trying to win any sound quality Awards just want it to sound good and have strong midbass
Sound Deadener Showdown CCLD tiles. I have them And they work really well or atleast in my opinion and you dont have to fill up all the door.

Sound deadener Showdown was one of the first places I went to but to deaden my car the way I wanted to it was going to be like well over $1,000 and I am definitely on a budget trying to do the best I can for as little money possible

Are you guys using the 50 mil or 80 mil I could see the 50 Mil being lightweight but the 80 mil is supposed to be full weight so it should weigh on average at least as much as the others I'm sure some of the nicer stuff is probably heavier though or I could be way off haven't really done a ton of deadener only played with the Stinger Roadkill which was nice but super expensive

I bought the 80. What you get with premium priced products is a much thicker foil. I'm not going to get on the debate train about how much difference that makes in function but the thick foil stuff is certainly much harder to cut and apply to contours.

I bought the 80. What you get with premium priced products is a much thicker foil. I'm not going to get on the debate train about how much difference that makes in function but the thick foil stuff is certainly much harder to cut and apply to contours.
the heat gun really helped me out with forming

I used the Noico 80 mil on both my wife's vehicle and mine and I haven't had any issues w/ it. My car is usually left parked outside and during the hot summer SoCal heat, I haven't had any problems w/ the adhesive melting inside my door panels due to the triple digit heat. There was only maybe one or two days where it did have a faint smell during the summer last year, but that was the first time it was actually left in the sun the whole day during the first triple digits we had, but after that, the smell went away and like I said, no gooey mess inside my doors due to the butyl rubber not melting unlike the peel and seal you find at Home Depot or Lowe's.

So right now I'm liking the Noico 80 mil and the Rockville Rock mat the only difference is the Rockville is about half the weight and the noico is 80 mil and The Rock Matt is 70 mil I definitely want to use some on my roof because it's a SUV with Subs up Port back so I'm thinking the heavier deadener might be better for that application but the rock Matt has great reviews plus it comes in a 50 sq foot roll vs the 36 square foot Noico but overall they are about the same price per square foot does anybody know what the MLv substitute people are using from Home Depot is called

I was just looking on Amazon and I just saw another sound deadener called Kilmat. It's basically made by the same company as Noico, which is StP Atlantic, and it's about $5 dollars cheaper than the Noico and it's 80 mil and the same size at 36 sq ft. Just a suggestion for you to check out.

Also thanks guys I appreciate all the help with this thread and all the others that I've made I'm sure everyone who comes here does as well most likely probably get the noico I think too 36 square foot packages of that and 60 square foot of 150 Mill CCF is a good start then I just need to figure out the mass loaded vinyl substitute and get some insulation to stuff in the doors and I should be good on deadener for my whole car probably will not do the floor pan though at least not right now

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.