Sound deadener recommendations please

Jeffro83

Senior VIP Member
Alright guys I have Google searched and checked out a few build logs that have been recommended for a sound deadening questions and get the basic concepts of it I was looking on Amazon for sound deadener and CCF and found a couple for a decent price I'm sure they're not the best products on the market but I'm not trying to win any sound quality Awards I just want some strong midbass in a decent front stage seem to me like Noico and boom mat 80 mil we're pretty fair price at roughly 60 to $65 for 35 to 40 square feet also found some CCF for about the same price and footage I seen other people say that you can get a MLV substitute at Home Depot for much cheaper which is great because the stuff on Amazon is way too expensive for me right now so I will probably go to Home Depot once I figure out what product it is they're talking about and pick that up along with some type of rigid material to block the access holes basically just want to see if boom mat or Noico is better than the other one or if there is something better in general than both for around the same price thanks in advance for any help

So I went back through Amazon and checked out the Rockville deadener, it seems really nice. right now I am between the Rockville kill Matt and noico. the Rockville and kill Matt are both light weigh options supposedly at .44 and .47 pounds per square foot, the Norco is a full weight at .7 pounds per square foot. not really sure how that affects sound deadening but I don't really care about adding extra weight to my truck if the heavier stuff will work better. they all seem to be close to the same price but the Rockville and kill Matt have 5 star ratings and the Noico has 4.5 star rating all of which would probably be good enough for me. if anybody has any hands-on experience with these products please chime in and let me know what you think of them probably going to purchase one of these and the 150 mill CCF made by Norco tomorrow really just want to get the best thing that I can for my money honestly I would probably be happy with any of them like I said not trying to win any sound quality Awards just want it to sound good and have strong midbass

stinger roadkill has been a long standing great buy, and much better quality than noico (as much as I enjoy the noico, it's cheap and thus cheap quality)

i just put some fatmat in my trunk and it is pretty awesome. i was recommended to get noico from several users, but saw a sale i couldnt resist on fatmat. Im pretty happy with it. Apply it with a heat gun
I have a roll of noico but it feels really lite weight ..I hope it’s good ..I was gonna use it on my roof in my 84 S10

I have a roll of noico but it feels really lite weight ..I hope it’s good ..I was gonna use it on my roof in my 84 S10
the fatmat kit i got came with a plastic roller to apply it, but it melted because i got it too close to the path of hot air from the heat gun LOL!!! it happened near the very end of the install process, so its on there all fine and dandy, but yeah //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif also came with a sticker!!! :O :O

i guess what im saying is that im gonna invest in a wooden or solid plastic roller application tool for the next round of deadener
I had a couple of wooden roller ..I need to dig it out ..I remember using it when I did the doors but that was 6 months ago ..I have 2/3s of the interior out ..I think just carpet and console are left ..except for cranking the the truck every now and then it’s been about 2 months since I worked on the system in it

I had a couple of wooden roller ..I need to dig it out ..I remember using it when I did the doors but that was 6 months ago ..I have 2/3s of the interior out ..I think just carpet and console are left ..except for cranking the the truck every now and then it’s been about 2 months since I worked on the system in it
the deadening process is time consuming when done right. A buddy of mine did the entire cabin and trunk of his 92 Prellude and it took forever.

So I went back through Amazon and checked out the Rockville deadener, it seems really nice. right now I am between the Rockville kill Matt and noico. the Rockville and kill Matt are both light weigh options supposedly at .44 and .47 pounds per square foot, the Norco is a full weight at .7 pounds per square foot. not really sure how that affects sound deadening but I don't really care about adding extra weight to my truck if the heavier stuff will work better. they all seem to be close to the same price but the Rockville and kill Matt have 5 star ratings and the Noico has 4.5 star rating all of which would probably be good enough for me. if anybody has any hands-on experience with these products please chime in and let me know what you think of them probably going to purchase one of these and the 150 mill CCF made by Norco tomorrow really just want to get the best thing that I can for my money honestly I would probably be happy with any of them like I said not trying to win any sound quality Awards just want it to sound good and have strong midbass
I had to replace a broken door in my Jeep this winter and picked up a big package of the Noico off of Amazon. Definitely not the same as some of the heavy duty stuff for 3X the money, but then again, at the price I can use 3 layers where needed and IMO the thinner stuff is a lot easier to lay down. I'd just as soon use multiple layers giving me the option to add more where really needed. I also picked up a new car this winter and did the front doors with the noico. Certainly adequate for what I'm doing with it and if I ever get deeper into either vehicle this year I'll probably add more just on general principal.

That said being that I only put it on 2 months ago who knows how well this will stand the test of time? So far I was happy enough for the money and it certainly does what it is intended to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.