ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
my front battery is an aftermarket battery

i have a stock alt thats 110amps

im running a single cab1600 to a psi plat 2

and a ppi900

i have a few questions

if i get a second battery for the rear would this help out?

i was told getting a second battery but not upgrade mu alt would just suffocate my alt with 2 batteries in play

and if i were to get a second battery which should i get? and how long is a 2nd battery life?

i was looking at

https://4xspower.com/shop/xp-series/xp-series-batteries/xp2500/

https://4xspower.com/shop/12v-agm/d-series/d1200/

these are the batteries it recommends me when i enter the amount of watts im assuming 1600 + the 900 and thats what it gives me unless im doing it wrong or if theres other batteries out there thats better for my money,

and what if i just run an ordinary car battery? would it be just as fine since im only running a small build or could i buy like a yellow top for the rear?

my front battery is an aftermarket batteryi have a stock alt thats 110amps

im running a single cab1600 to a psi plat 2

and a ppi900

i have a few questions

if i get a second battery for the rear would this help out?

i was told getting a second battery but not upgrade mu alt would just suffocate my alt with 2 batteries in play

and if i were to get a second battery which should i get? and how long is a 2nd battery life?

i was looking at

https://4xspower.com/shop/xp-series/xp-series-batteries/xp2500/

https://4xspower.com/shop/12v-agm/d-series/d1200/

these are the batteries it recommends me when i enter the amount of watts im assuming 1600 + the 900 and thats what it gives me unless im doing it wrong or if theres other batteries out there thats better for my money,

and what if i just run an ordinary car battery? would it be just as fine since im only running a small build or could i buy like a yellow top for the rear?
Get AGM batteries

Get AGM batteries
can you tell me some brands to go look up?

whats the pros against the ones i linked like whats the difference?

will having a stock alt and this agm batt in the back be a good idea?

Good rule of thumb to 1 ah of battery capacity got every 10watts of power. Unless you have enough alt to supplement it. In which I would go no less than 1ah for every 20w.

In your case I would run about 200ah between the front battery and rear battery or as close as you can get with the space you have and just watch the voltage your alt is small and pretty weak but unless you are playing slowed decaf or sinewaves all the time I wouldn't worry about it right away.

The new supercap banks are interesting and may help but that's a grey area for me.

Good rule of thumb to 1 ah of battery capacity got every 10watts of power. Unless you have enough alt to supplement it. In which I would go no less than 1ah for every 20w.
In your case I would run about 200ah between the front battery and rear battery or as close as you can get with the space you have and just watch the voltage your alt is small and pretty weak but unless you are playing slowed decaf or sinewaves all the time I wouldn't worry about it right away.

The new supercap banks are interesting and may help but that's a grey area for me.
your science intrigues me

just found out ah is amp hour

so do you know any brands or why agm is better than the xs power?

what specs should i be looking at when looking into a rear battery and keeping my 110 alternator?

your science intrigues mejust found out ah is amp hour

so do you know any brands or why agm is better than the xs power?

what specs should i be looking at when looking into a rear battery and keeping my 110 alternator?
Better than xs power only one I know of and it's subjective to the specific test is North star batteries, but any decent agm rated the same will work fine. The AutoZone platinums work well and are usually easy to locate. But if you want the best of the best xs power and North star are top notch. I would save the money using cheaper bats and get a bigger alt from mechman, or dc power alt

Better than xs power only one I know of and it's subjective to the specific test is North star batteries, but any decent agm rated the same will work fine. The AutoZone platinums work well and are usually easy to locate. But if you want the best of the best xs power and North star are top notch. I would save the money using cheaper bats and get a bigger alt from mechman, or dc power alt
quick to note

more voltage higher volume before i my amp sends clipping to sub right? thats the whole point? if voltage drops around where do i stop?

quick to notemore voltage higher volume before i my amp sends clipping to sub right? thats the whole point? if voltage drops around where do i stop?
Generally speaking the higher the voltage within the operating range of the amp the higher the power output of the amp. Voltage drop shouldn't cause clipping but if the voltage drops and you crank the volume to try and fix the difference in volume you can easily try and ask the amp to create more power than it can make and thus it may clip the signal.

That's why it is preferred to have more amp than you need the extra headroom allows more clean power to be available even when voltage drops.

As far as voltage drop in general, you will always have voltage drop at least to battery float voltage unless you have enough alt to fully supply the amp with current at 14.4v and even then you may still hit dimming lights if you have a weak headlight curcuit

Stay absolutely far away from any redtop/yellowtop from Optima. I don't care what the salesman tells ya. They are junk now compared to years ago. They cost more and don't last as long as they used to.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.