Sound damping on trunk lid

Ummm, a REAL bed liner would work... I think having your trunk professionally line-x'd would probably bring vibrations down to about nothing for most systems, not that it's practical for him, just saying...

When the **** did I ever say that all deadners are the same???? Ya thats right I didnt't.......nice one!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif
Back to the original thread.......I think your asking me that you want to put some deadner in between the truck itself and the bedliner. I think that's a pretty good idea. The bedliner should actually the dappen the sound just a tad too. I would say go for it if it's possible.

Peace
Actually, I wanted to put a bedliner over the sound damping mats for the sole purpose of keeping it from peeling off the top lid. I figure, the bedliner will create a solid mold of the top therefore keeping the deadener in place. Wasnt originally looking at the bedliner as additional sound deadening, just to hold the mat up and keep it molded to my lid. Also, it would be a good way of disguising those ugly mats as my trunk lid doesnt have any kind of detachable panels.

When the **** did I ever say that all deadners are the same???? Ya thats right I didnt't.......nice one!!!

All I said was that they are all pretty much made out of the same materials.

And alpine is right, they may be all made pretty much out of the same stuff, but their quality is different, not to to different, not so much a difference as in deadning the sound itself, but sticking to a roof definately.

People who don't know about dampner need to atleast know that they have 2 choices.....

1. You can either buy some expensive stuff like dynamat or secondskin and never or hardly ever worry about it getting gooey in the sun. Occasionly it will unstick a bit. It all kinda depends on the contour of your trunk lid, the flatter the better. Unlike my my trunk lid contour looks like the ****in rocky mountains so I have a bit more opf a prollem with it in the sun.

2. You can buy some of the cheaper stuff like Peel and Seal, and get the same sound deadning qualities as high end brands, but you may have to re-stick it to ur trunk more often than the expensive brands.

It's such a hard ass decision too, Peel and Seal is $30 and Dynamat is like $100.......all depends on if you wanna go cheap and re-stick it more often or go pricey and not have to worry about it as much. I feel everyones pain.

Back to the original thread.......I think your asking me that you want to put some deadner in between the truck itself and the bedliner. I think that's a pretty good idea. The bedliner should actually the dappen the sound just a tad too. I would say go for it if it's possible.

Peace
"they may be all made pretty much out of the same stuff, but their quality is different, not to to different, NOT SO MUCH A DIFFERENCE AS IN DEADENING THE SOUND ITSELF, BUT STICKING TO THE ROOF DEFINATELY."
So you're saying the only difference in all of the sound deadeners is the price? You're saying that how thick it is, how much it weighs and heat tollerance play no part in the difference in sound deadeners? So a dampener that is 40mil thick, weighs .20lbs per sqft and can handle heat up to 300 degrees is just as good as a dampener that is 60mil thick, weighs .40 lbs per sqft and can handle 425 degrees of heat? They work by adding mass to the panels, to keep the noise/vibrations down, so yes there is a difference in every deadener. Plus I don't know about you, but I don't want to have to keep trying to put my sound deadener on cuz it keeps falling off.

Ummm, a REAL bed liner would work... I think having your trunk professionally line-x'd would probably bring vibrations down to about nothing for most systems, not that it's practical for him, just saying...
When I did my blowthrough for my truck bed for deadening the inside of it I did go with Line-X and had them spray my bed. It works pretty good, but I wish I would have got a few cans of Cascade VB1 and sprayed on a few layers befor the spray in bedliner.

i used the paint on bed liner. it looks alot better than just alum. backing. very easy to do.

also to everyone not sure if they should use this .....just try....it will either work or not.(i think it works great) good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.