Sony vs Pioneer

Rmsanger
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Liberty...
Hey I'm looking for a new deck along with the rest of the system. But I've narrowed it down between to HU's and it's the Sony CDX-M730 and the Pioneer DEH-8400MP. The Pioneer is about 375.00 while I can get the sony for 240.00. Is it worth the extra 130.00 for the pioneer. I like both models because the flipping face. If you guys have any other suggestions let me know.

Man pioneer are way better. And it is worht the money easily. I have heard the pioneer deh 6400 and 8400 and the Pound the sony dont put out as clear of music adn pioneer i dont think. But i am planning on getting the pioneer 6400 right away. Hope it helps

The pioneer will be a much cleaner headunit than the sony one. If your looking for SQ you can get a lot better headunit for that money. I guess pioneer is a good mix between looks and features and sound quality though. The 8400 is a neat toy, but i am sure it gets boring fast. My friend bought a 6400 a while back and he was bored with the graphics in like a day and wished he hadn't wasted his money going from the 4400 to the 6400 because other than the way they look, the 2 headunits are identical as far as power/features goes.

k, I'll stick with the Pioneer then. I looked at the 4400 hundred to compare against the 8400. I can't stand the graphics on the front of the 4400. I guess more than anything I just really like the looks of the 8400 plus my last hu was a premier so I know they sound nice. Some of my friends also told me to check out some Eclipse and JVC models. I definately want to stay under $400. Any suggestions?

P.S. No alpine suggestions (can't stand the way they look)

If you look in the right places and ask for a discount you can probably talk people down to 400 on the Eclipse CD5442 which would just comletely destroy the pioneer is SQ. But of course it isnt very fancy so . . . I love eclipse headunits. I am never going to use anythign else heh.

a headunits a headunit if your going to just put an amp on your speakers inside. Besides, most of the time most car audio ppl will always get an amp for there speakers. So don't even worry about rms power on hus, just pick the one you like and pick a good amp to power your speakers!!!!

Just to give you my opinion cuz I have owned a sony and a pioneer HU. 1st off the sony was a top of a line when I bought it and that **** thing skipped half the time even on little bumps. I just got my pioneer DEH-P9300 and now I have no problems with skipping. Plus its got alot of nice features.

NP

Yeah my CDX-M670 was sure nice, but skipped over every single little bump on the road //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Thats odd cause I have a sony HU and its the best **** thing I have ever used, aside for the eclipse HU's. I think mine skipped once when I ran over a stopsign! It's odd how that **** works....

Unless you're going with an older Mobile ES series Sony (which you're not) I would recommend going Pioneer. My first CD playing HU was a Sony M620 and although aesthetically pleasing, it offered little in the way of clarity, or skip protection. I know I did not recieve a lemon either. There are many documented complains of skipping, even when not moving on a b/n disc. I have no had any problems with Pioneer in the past.

Yeah I havent had any trouble with Pioneer in the past either...I like my Sony no doubts about that, but, skipping - ughhh lol...

Mobile ES rules!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.