two-way vs. three-way crossovers

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gauntlet
5,000+ posts

bulletproof
I've got 2 pairs of Infinity Kappa 693.5i's in my car that im powering with a Power Acoustik SP4X-800 (85x4 at 4 ohms). I have a pair in my rear deck, and the other pair are in custom built boxes, flush mounted in between the two front seats and in between my 2 rear seats, both on the floor. They sound pretty good, but at times certain frequencies seem to be a little off. It's hard to explain, but they just don't sound right. I'm gonna invest in a crossover to attempt to fix this problem, but I have next to no experience with electronic crossovers. What is the difference between 2 way and 3 way crossovers? I assume a 3-way would be optimal in my case, since the speakers are 3-way, but i'm still curious. Also, what would be the best settings to set the crossovers at?

I was looking at this one - http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=audax303x - any opinions?

Thanks in advance

If you think a XO will help I would look into something like bass blockers for them. An EQ would probably work better in your case to fine tune the specific frequency that is not to your liking.

Mike

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.