Somewhat confused on subs. Dont wanna waste more money....

I could probably fit 4 15s.... but they would have to be in sealed boxes for the right air...or 2 15s... ported... or 1 18... I thin 4 12s or smaller will be best in the correct boxes... thanks everyone

Sealed?
Ported will yield more bass man

Everyone here will tell you to do away with mainstream brands. Sundown, DC Audio, DD, etc just to name a few.

Non mainstream brands are better than mainstream brands.....louder, and more power. Hit up the sundown audio yardsale for really good deals when it comes up.
Wait... What Sundown Audio yard sale? Where can I find that? I love sundown

To OP: If you end up keeping your cvrs and put them in a nice 30-34hz tuned ported box they will sound much better than they do now. Night and day different especially around tuning freq. If you end up getting new subs I can vouch for Sundown's SA-15's and any DC sub as being very loud and sounding great while being affordable as well.

I can guarantee they will sound better than your cvrs and am willing to bet they'll slam harder, too. I think you'll be pretty happy with a proper ported enclosure for the cvr's though.

To OP: If you end up keeping your cvrs and put them in a nice 30-34hz tuned ported box they will sound much better than they do now. Night and day different especially around tuning freq. If you end up getting new subs I can vouch for Sundown's SA-15's and any DC sub as being very loud and sounding great while being affordable as well.

I can guarantee they will sound better than your cvrs and am willing to bet they'll slam harder, too. I think you'll be pretty happy with a proper ported enclosure for the cvr's though.
Float over to the Sundown section on CACO. There isn't one going on right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if one pops up pretty soon.

i would say drop the four 12's sell em to recoup some of the funds... buy two hdc4 or similar quality, run ported... difference between sealed and ported... as I say it.... sealed you can hear the bass.... ported.... youll feel the bass.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

plus ive ran very close to your system... the 4 cvrs 12 ( sealed box, prefab) on a atomic 10k gain conserv. set.... the two hdc4s on 6k was louder....lol ported tuned to 32hz

Make a cardboard template the size of the box you're building to make sure it fits through the trunk opening.
As others have said, you'll probably be happy with just the ported enclosure vs sealed. It's worth a shot if you can build it yourself. Cheap and easy.

little stuff makes all the difference to me, I just got a dd-1 late last year and I swear by it.. lol gonna get a cc-1 soon... but those are things I didn't have before and to me have helped me a ton with stuff as simple as that. I def approve the ported over sealed idea being a cheap and easy thing to do.

Float over to the Sundown section on CACO. There isn't one going on right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if one pops up pretty soon.
Yup. Jake did say soon....so I would def keep checkin' as the good items usually disappear pretty quick.

The subs will be staggered diagonal-ish from eachother. Yes just the sub mounting. The port needs 4-6 inches to breathe, I made the box less deep for this purpose.
If you need the whole 4 inches then you can go with 20 height, 46 inch wide, 22 inches deep, the port will be 16 inches long instead and your specs will be 8.2 cubic feet net, around a little more than 2 cubic feet per sub tuned to 33hz.
can the port fireup, on the same plane as the subs? Or, is there a reason to run it that way?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.