Something came up, bought a bigger amp, need response pls

JMPisGOD
10+ year member

ok, heres the deal, my L7 is on the way so i went out to look for an amp... i was going to go with the rockford bd 500.1, because it was a little bit cheaper and you guys on the forum said it would work nicely. Well the speaker handles 750 watts rms and my hookup didnt come through with the 500.1, but instead with a rockford 700s 2 channel punch, this puts out 700x1 RMS in bridged 4 ohm mono, but the birth of the amp is 774 watts RMS, i know the sub can take up to 1500 watts thrown at it but will the extra 24 watts possible reduce the life of the sub or even blow it out? since i bought the L7 on the net i kinda wanna know before its too late... Thanks

oh yea one more thing... What can i use to make sure that the box i build is airtight? I dont want any leaks, i thought maybe silicone seal would work or something.

cant u turn the gain down a bit to reduce the power to the sub? but i dotn thkn that 24 watts will hurt your sub...

the box : glue, screw, and calk it... should be nice and airtight... you can also polyeurithane the outside to seal up any pores in the MDF, or whatever you use to build it... It's not really required with MDF but i dont think it can hurt..

LuRp

hey man, for some reason i dont think that you alternator is giving out 14.4 volts. prolly more like 12 volts, so that amp wont be pushing out that full 774 watts. It will be closer to 700, and even if you do have a 14.4 volt at. that 24 watts wont hurt the sub.

ICELAND RULES!!!

why wouldn't it, my altonator on my 98 S-10 puts out 14 to 15 volts , just like most american vehicles.

well its a 94 honda civic that is running fog lamps/alarm/ and an upgraded dual beam project (takes twice as much ampage to push), on a stock alternator, im going to replace the battery/alternator very soon

even with all that stuff your voltage should still be right around 14 with the car running and about 13 with the car off. and no the 24 extra watts wont do anything to hurt the sub, damage usually happens when you underpwer a sub and it starts to clip. i have had my he2s that are 400 rms and 800 peak hooked up to the infinity amp that puts out over 600 w rms to each one for over a year now and have no trouble at all so im sure it will be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.