Someone school me on raw drivers for 2 way active

Participant count
  • Participant list

wvufootball
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Maryalnd
I'm thinking about doing my first 2 way active setup. Only problem is I know next to nothing when it comes to raw drivers. Is it even worth it to do my own 2 way setup? Or should I just stick with my pro60s? I love the clarity of the pro60s but I'm wanting more midbass. Car is a 2000 Civic coupe 5 spd with little room in the kicks.

I own a 1997 Civic and I hate to break it to you, but, if you want more midbass, go with a dedicated midbass driver that is at least 7 or 8 inches in diameter.

I know someone who is running a set of **THESE** in a two way active setup and he likes them. The only problem is they are only good up until 1.6 kHz and his tweeters start at 2 kHz.

Regardless, you can drive yourself NUTS looking for the perfect midbass and tweeter driver. I chose to take the easy way out and use a full range set of Tang Band W4-1757SB as my midrange and tweeter from 315 Hz on up in my other vehicle, a 2006 Mustang GT.

FWIW my Civic is passive and my Mustang is active.

check out DIYMA for plenty of 2 way combos to fit any price. Also ZAPH has a ton of driver tests/reviews.

I run pro60's in the GF's car and my budget active set up KILLS them in clarity and output...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.