someone please xplain post dumping.....

sexyvic1
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
i was just reading a 4 sale ad where people said the price was too high and got banned.

i dont understand,

shouldnt that be considered a wau of looking out for fellow members so they dont get suckered into buying a over priced item

if the guy was a scammer and someone called him out that wouldnt be a post dump and all that person is doing is looking out for a member so they dont get ripped off.

i believe calling someone out thats selling something for a high price is the same.

sorry if i out this in the wrong section....i put it under general discussion, didnt know where else it would fit and the post dumping thread is locked.

Did you actually dump on someone's thread or were you banned for just reading the thread?
i wasn't banned, i bite my tongue and dont write anything i don't want to be banned i enjoy coming on this site.

i read that a bunch of people got banned though. in my opinion i thought they were looking out for fellow buyers.

i made this thread so that i wouldn't dump on someones thread but still get my point of view across.

if you dont agree with the price, then dont buy it. its that simple. if your not going to buy, then why post anything at all
i dont write anything but, isn't really helping others from being ripped off.

i have seen threads were people sell subs for more than u can buy them for new ( audioque subs is one example ) . i dont say anything but i feel like i should tell the person that they should go buy it from audioques site brand new with warranty. they may not know that, that is a option and then they get ripped off

but ultimitly i dont say anything. i kind of feel bad.

Mmmm' gay
why is that gay ? i am sure u would want a heads up if u were about to get ripped off.

and what u did should be considered a post dump....

this is a legitimate question im asking.

i was implementing a post dump

didn't read one word after "someone please xplain post dumping"

now that i read it and know which thread you are talking about, i would say the dude that started that 4 sale thread just lacked common knowledge for this place. But it is his sale and he can price it at a mill if he wants

i was just reading a 4 sale ad where people said the price was too high and got banned.
i dont understand,

shouldnt that be considered a wau of looking out for fellow members so they dont get suckered into buying a over priced item

if the guy was a scammer and someone called him out that wouldnt be a post dump and all that person is doing is looking out for a member so they dont get ripped off.

i believe calling someone out thats selling something for a high price is the same.

sorry if i out this in the wrong section....i put it under general discussion, didnt know where else it would fit and the post dumping thread is locked.
Post dumping is post dumping!

If you don't agree with the price, or know where to get it cheaper, a simple PM to the OP will suffice. No need to post it in the thread. Post dumping can be considered anything that's negative, or could harm the for sale ad.

i dont understand,

I can see both sides of this argument. On the one hand, if the price is too high, I agree its a way of looking out for other forum members by saying so. You might also be helping the seller as he simply didnt realize his price was out of line, although this can be solved via a pm. But I can also understand someone selling a product not wanting every tire kicker on the website hopping into their thread and posting their two cents on what he should be asking for his wares. Its a tight rope to walk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.