Someone broke into my car and I have an alarm... Please help with suggestions!!!

Nice install. Funny thing is I did installs for well over 10 years. Only 1 vehicle was ever broken into. Everyone knew if I installed it it wont be easy to get past. Other shops you could beat the car with a bat and it wont go off.

When I do them the shock sensor is attached so it senses all the way in the back. If its a car, I tap on the trunk like they were prying out the lock cylinder. If its a truck then I lightly tap the BACK window. If it dont atleast prewarn it dont leave the shop.

Only issue is it makes the front SUPER sensetive. BUT it also will go off if anything hits it even if it is a light punch or porcelin used to shatter. (yes we did the testing to find out)

Motion sensors are good BUT you have an air freshner in the vehicle and it moves alarm goes off. Cat jumps on it and alarm goes off. Cat runs under and alarm goes off. You have every window blacked out and your ok. Now tilt switch is pointless unless its a decent amount of tilting.

Nice install. Funny thing is I did installs for well over 10 years. Only 1 vehicle was ever broken into. Everyone knew if I installed it it wont be easy to get past. Other shops you could beat the car with a bat and it wont go off.When I do them the shock sensor is attached so it senses all the way in the back. If its a car, I tap on the trunk like they were prying out the lock cylinder. If its a truck then I lightly tap the BACK window. If it dont atleast prewarn it dont leave the shop.

Only issue is it makes the front SUPER sensetive. BUT it also will go off if anything hits it even if it is a light punch or porcelin used to shatter. (yes we did the testing to find out)

Motion sensors are good BUT you have an air freshner in the vehicle and it moves alarm goes off. Cat jumps on it and alarm goes off. Cat runs under and alarm goes off. You have every window blacked out and your ok. Now tilt switch is pointless unless its a decent amount of tilting.
care to elaborate on how to mount the shock sensor to be this sensitive over the entire vehicle without falsing all of the time?

honestly tint will just attract thieves. If you look at a row of cars and one of them has tinted windows, you immediately know that car isn't stock and probably has something worth stealing. The only way to prevent break ins is to not be a dumbass

No bumping where you live

Less bumping in the city or parking lots where your going to leave your car unattended

And if at all possible make your car look as stock as possible. I know this takes away from the "cool" factor, but tinted windows, led ****, vinyl graphics on the windows (steal me stickers) and all that crap that distinguishes your car from everyone elses, also attracts thieves...

honestly tint will just attract thieves. If you look at a row of cars and one of them has tinted windows, you immediately know that car isn't stock and probably has something worth stealing. The only way to prevent break ins is to not be a dumbass
No bumping where you live

Less bumping in the city or parking lots where your going to leave your car unattended

And if at all possible make your car look as stock as possible. I know this takes away from the "cool" factor, but tinted windows, led ****, vinyl graphics on the windows (steal me stickers) and all that crap that distinguishes your car from everyone elses, also attracts thieves...
This has all kinds of "this" content.

Lol so thats 2 ppl now that said tinted windows will attact theives. NO. If i had clear windows thieves would see all kinds of equipment inside my car, tinted windows they see a reflection or its harder to see. Out of sight out of mind.

Yea he had to step on it.. The truck has an 8" lift so there is no getting in it at all without stepping on the side step.. Even if you want to peak in through the window you have to step on it. However I figured a tilt sensor wouldnt do much... correct me if Im wrong. But I figured tilt sensors are for when you lift up your car with a jack like to steal rims. Im a 200lb guy and when I step on the side step the truck doesnt really tilt.. lol Im sure it moves a little, but nothing crazy. Trucks have a pretty stiff suspension. I dont know though.. maybe it might help. How sensitive are the tilt sensors?
Than 140lb tweaker wouldn't budge it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Lol so thats 2 ppl now that said tinted windows will attact theives. NO. If i had clear windows thieves would see all kinds of equipment inside my car, tinted windows they see a reflection or its harder to see. Out of sight out of mind.
You missed the part where I said to MAKE YOUR CAR LOOK AS STOCK AS POSSIBLE. If you've got equipment visible in your car it's going to attract thieves. Idk about you but even with tint, if I'm right against the window, I can still see inside. The tint will make your car stand out in a parking lot.

You missed the part where I said to MAKE YOUR CAR LOOK AS STOCK AS POSSIBLE. If you've got equipment visible in your car it's going to attract thieves. Idk about you but even with tint, if I'm right against the window, I can still see inside. The tint will make your car stand out in a parking lot.
You must live in a really untinted area. Round here parking lots are full of tinted vehicles. Most mother****ers who wanna smash and grab aren't going to take the time to press thier eyebrows on the window to see in if they are worried about being spotted, they just glance and if they like something they see. . .

You must live in a really untinted area. Round here parking lots are full of tinted vehicles. Most mother****ers who wanna smash and grab aren't going to take the time to press thier eyebrows on the window to see in if they are worried about being spotted, they just glance and if they like something they see. . .
lol, Ohio's tint laws are like 50% all the way around //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

So yeah, you could say I live in an area with not a lot of tint...

Man I had ppl try 2 break in my car they just put a big ass hole in my window only thing is I don't have **** in my car I took everything out haha cuz im redoin my entire setup so they would have been very dissapointed lol well there was radio but thats a pos

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.