Some weird issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sleeper_neon

Completely a noob
Sooo yesterday I was driving a long like usual and all of a sudden one of my subs quit working but the other one still had a little sound but no thump. So I switched out the one that was bad and now both of them hit hard like normal and the original one is a Rockford fosgate punch p1 4ohm 250 watts rms. I could use some help determining the problem

Well it sounds like you have them wired together . I would think in series from your issue . Sounds to me like you already found the problem . If that P1 is less than a year old take it where you bought it from and get a free replacement . I wouldnt over think it . These are entry level speakers . I have 2 of the 12's . If they werent wired for mono maybe one was shorted and causing your amp to shut down some . At least check the impedence on the bad one . Im curious what it reads

Well it sounds like you have them wired together . I would think in series from your issue . Sounds to me like you already found the problem . If that P1 is less than a year old take it where you bought it from and get a free replacement . I wouldnt over think it . These are entry level speakers . I have 2 of the 12's . If they werent wired for mono maybe one was shorted and causing your amp to shut down some . At least check the impedence on the bad one . Im curious what it reads
You know those boxes that hold two subs but have the power split between them That’s how they are wired to a mono block 2500 watt amp. However I put in a pioneer and that had the other one working. And I’m not really sure on how to check that

Ive put a meter on speakers and tested them by moving the cone by hand . I have had tindle strings cause intermittent issues . That does sound strange . I hate intermittent problems

this is how it’s setup but now one hits harder than the other and causing the pioneer to smoke bad

If they smoke they are toast . Dude you have a 2500 watt amp hooked up to 250 watt speakers ? I would not be running mono with two different speakers . You have to be careful not to overwork the weakest one .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.