Some system suggestions please

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sizzle

Hello, this is my first post here, and I'm hoping for a little help in deciding if, and what else I should upgrade in my system. I have a 2000 Camaro SS. I've had a few systems in it, but mostly at other suggestions, I'm trying to learn a lot of this stuff for myself, so suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My first setup:

HU: Alpine 3DA-7987

Speakers: Infiniti Ref 652i, in the doors and rear seat panels.

Subwoofer: MTX Thunderform F-body enclosure with MTX 6104 sub.

Amp: MTX 4180X powering the Infiniti's

Amp: MTX RT2200 powering the sub

I had the amps mounted on a board on the back wall of my trunk, t-tops still fit.

Second setup change:

HU: Nakamichi MB-100

Third setup change:

Amp: A/D/S P650, channels 1-4 run the Infinitis, 5/6 bridge for the sub.

Waiting to go in the car:

HU: Eclipse 56060

PAC SWI-X Steering Wheel control module

GM power antenna (Camaro's get the cheapy antenna).

Subwoofer: JL Audio Stealthbox (I think it just looks better then the MTX) going to put a Nakamichi SP-W100 in it. I know that box comes with a sub, but I think the Nak is better SQ, and is a better match for the 150 watts being fed it.

Now that my setup is established, on to my questions:

1) Should I look into getting a EQ or DSP? In their brochures, Eclipse really pushes their hideaway DSP with the 56050 HU. One their EQ's would fit in my dash with the HU.

2) Should I look into expanding the range of my speakers? Maybe look into some components and keep a set of the full range (though I think I'd probably upgrade the full range).

Any help would be appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.