Brand new baby in audio need help in deciding HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

bravo

I'm (as you can say) a newborn baby in audio system. Before I was only focusing at engine modifications. Now I want to install audio system into my car.

I need your opinions, what brands that is best for SQ (Sound Quality), no SPL setup, please... I just need a middle-class, not that expensive setup and I need you all to give me the total costs.

My friend said that Pioneer 8450 is a fairly good HU, is this true? I think it's an old model because I couldn't find it in Pioneer website nor in any other car audio online stores. So how about the others? What do I need to install audio in my car?

Sorry about these silly audio questions because as I said before, I'm a new, fresh-from-the-oven, person in audio thingie. I didn't like audio system before but now I decided to install some fair audio system for some reasons. One more time, SQ please, not SPL.

Thanks alot!

Regards,

Bravo. W

There are way too many poss. anwsers to those questions.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif u may want to start by looking at http://www.cruthfield.com . it is a great information site. i wouldn't but any thing from there since almost anywhere else u go will have a better price. i my self love pioneer for sq. after u have a look around post some more questions. every one here will be glad to help. good luck!

So I can use any model of HU into my audio system, no matter mine is SQ or SPL??? (yet another silly question...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif )

For HU, I like Pioneer DEH-P7400MP because it can play MP3 and Audio CD and I like the display too (even not that nice LCD display hehehe). Another model that I like is Alpine CDA-7894 because some people said that Alpine has great sound quality, but has plain display unlike any other HUs and when I compared them, Alpine has more power output (60w*4 vs. 50w*5). Any other recommendations than these models? My friend uses Pioneer 8450 (not quite sure the full model name), the color is silver.

What else do I need? Power? Subwoofer? Speakers? Tweeters? What else? Somebody please help meee! What speakers brand to use for SQ? JBL? As for tweeters, woofers (do I need subwoofer in SQ? D*mn, I'm sooooo stupid at audio!) and power? My friend uses Poke Audio (?) as for the tweeters, Rockford Fosgate for power and subwoofers, but his setup is SPL.

Thanks for your reply and patience //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ...

A good SQ setup would look kind of like mine in my signature.

Head unit, good component speakers in front, amp for fronts, subs, amp for subs. You typically don't need rear speakers. This saves you money on both the amp you would need and on the speakers themselves. You would put this money on getting higher quality component speakers and amp for the fronts.

I got the Pioneer 940mp because it "looked cool." But I also got a lot for my money, including a built in equalizer. I would suggest getting one like that or investing in a EQ for your SQ system. I got the Kenwood 9044 for my last system and it was quite useful.

I'll throw you together a quick SQ system off the top of my head.

HU

Pioneer 7400mp

Fronts

Infinity Kappa 60.3cs

---Amp---

JBL P180.2

Subs

(2) JL Audio 12w3

---Amp---

JBL BP600.1

That system will run you about $1,000 or less and will sound d*mn good for the price if I must toot my own horn, lol.

Head unit names: Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, Nakamichi, Eclipse, Panasonic...

Speaker names: Alpine, Infinity, MB Quart, Focal, CDT, Diamond Audio, Boston Acoustics, Dynaudio, Oz Audio, JL Audio, Crystal Mobilesound...

Amp names: Precision Power, Orion, Phoenix Gold, JBL, Rockford Fosgate, JL Audio, Alpine...

Sub names: Infinity, JL Audio, Adire Audio...

You should be safe with any combination of these names, as well as many more. The real trick to SQ is hearing it for yourself. One persons dream system can still sound a little off to someone else. And of course, it all means nothing if its not installed right.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.