Some Questions about HID's

your right, i do get flashed a lot, but its legal so i just flash back and show them that they're my lows.. i'd post pics but am a noob at that so i can't do it..
i .... hate.... your .... kind.......

lol

duuude.... i hate hid's withut projectors. i just do, even tho lexus does it.... but they do it right somehow..

I find that the higher the bulb number, the more fatiguing it is after a while. But lower numbers are annoying as hell to look at head on, so somewhere in between //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have 8000k Bi-xenons in my stock housings and wish I went lower. Getting tired of the blue look...growing up I guess? I'm planning on a full upgrade with TSX Projectors molded in and 5000k bulbs though...

well is the reduced brightness between 6 and 8 really that big of a difference? and i like the more blue color
not really, but you gotta remember they are waaaay brighter then anything you are running now. they put silverstars to shame and those were the brightest normal lights ive found so far.

ew man I hate HID lights nothing but glare.

They really irate me.

Do you really need that much blinding light?

My friend had some 5ks and it was nothing but glare.

We aimed them correct and everything

Even stock cars with HIDs piss me off.

Its just a " I wanna look cool" type of thing.

What about the rest of us who are getting blinded?

As was stated 4300K is the stock HID temp. And HID's in reflector based housings not intended for them are not only illegal but cause the most glare. Stock cars with projectors for the most part don't have alot of glare. Now if they are aimed too high then it's not the glare that is blinding you but the beam pattern itself. And even Halogen are blinding at times. Ever been in front of a truck or SUV blinding you with stock Halogens.

do it right plz. 5000k max with PROPER projector housings //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
its gonna be totally worth it.

P1010019.JPG

TSX setup
thank you. someone who has a clue about it. most idiots here (and most forums) like the 10k and up kits cuzx they look "mad tyte jdm" who cares about seeing, right? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I have 5000k's in my Grand Cherokee. 4300k being too white for my taste, I'd say they are perfect, they look similar to the one's the Lexus use (Very bluish when they first turn on and then a fine white with a hint of blue after they "warm up") and are very close to color and output of my friend's '07 3 Series Bimmer. If you are a fan of the more bluish/purplish HID's like those in the Acura and Mercedes, I'd go for 6000k or 8000k Anything more than 8000k is rediculous. I see these grape colored headlights and it just looks silly and has less light output. (IMO, everyone's got a diff opinion)

duuude.... i hate hid's withut projectors. i just do, even tho lexus does it.... but they do it right somehow..
It's called AIMING them properly, lol. My 5000k's are in the stock housings in my Grand Cherokee and I've never been high-beamed, and I've had them in for a few months now. Although obviously projectors are the best choice you can do HID with non-projector housings but I suppose it's harder to aim them properly then with projectors. Either way make sure you aim them properly and you should be good. Enjoy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.