Some Advice on replacing Front Door Speakers on 06 Grand Cherokee

Im on my jeep site, and Im not sure if I have the Boston Acustics system or just the Normal System. I gotta see what sales code my Jeep has and I can figure that out. If it is the normal System I dont have an amp. And If I dont I am gunna wanna run one for interiors. So Then I would wanna replace the deck at that time too.

What decks do you guys recommend? double din touch screen??

Im on my jeep site, and Im not sure if I have the Boston Acustics system or just the Normal System. I gotta see what sales code my Jeep has and I can figure that out. If it is the normal System I dont have an amp. And If I dont I am gunna wanna run one for interiors. So Then I would wanna replace the deck at that time too.

What decks do you guys recommend? double din touch screen??

I saw what he did, **** he did a sick job. Now if I were to go with 6.5" speakers what baffle can I use? and also Like Would you take flat sheet metal to cover the hole? And re cut it to fit the baffle for round speakers? Thats my concern also.
And you say a 6.5" will hit harder and sound better than a 6x9" correct?
Dont listen to him. He has no clue what he is talking about. Horn loaded bullets will sound like ass in every install compared to a real tweeter.

CDT is mid level at best.

A 6x9 will hit lharder due to more cone area all other things equal. Hitting harder though isnt what a 6x9 is for. Its for midbass. If you want it to hit hard you need a sub.

The single best thing you can do is treat your doors with closed cell foam and an aluminum/butyl deadener (read not asphalt based junk at home depot).

Ellllo??? WHere did everyone go?!?!??! really could use some help guys. Pweeeasssseee
Come on Christian! You know this ain't back in the day when I was in the game and would get you cdt Es's at $300 hehehe! Or how about DLS, Morel, and all the others at insanely low prices //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. If I was still in it Id help Ya out brother.

Dont listen to him. He has no clue what he is talking about. Horn loaded bullets will sound like ass in every install compared to a real tweeter.
CDT is mid level at best.

A 6x9 will hit lharder due to more cone area all other things equal. Hitting harder though isnt what a 6x9 is for. Its for midbass. If you want it to hit hard you need a sub.

The single best thing you can do is treat your doors with closed cell foam and an aluminum/butyl deadener (read not asphalt based junk at home depot).

OK thanks for the post. So now your saying I should go with a 6x9 if I want more bass?

Will it give a Better sound quality over a 6.5?? many guys on my jeep forum changed to 6.5"

I just want the best sound quality with some good bass without using a Sub

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Come on Christian! You know this ain't back in the day when I was in the game and would get you cdt Es's at $300 hehehe! Or how about DLS, Morel, and all the others at insanely low prices //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. If I was still in it Id help Ya out brother.

Yeah DOn I know I know. believe me I know. you was the king back in the day. and I had the celica hitting 130 DBs

OK thanks for the post. So now your saying I should go with a 6x9 if I want more bass?
Will it give a Better sound quality over a 6.5?? many guys on my jeep forum changed to 6.5"

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Yeah DOn I know I know. believe me I know. you was the king back in the day. and I had the celica hitting 130 DBs
guys go with 6.5's and adapters becasue their is ALOT more options for 6.5's. going to a 6.5 opens your world to an endless list of component sets. 6x9s on the other hand are a hand full of components thus they are usually coaxials and used for rear fill.

Bass does not come from speakers. It comes from a subwoofer. Speakers cannot get low enough to produce the low ends of the sound spectrum as subs do. If you want more midbass than a 6.5" speaker then yes 6x9" is the way to go.

Look for some Eclipse SC6900's. They are a 6x9 component with cross overs and some of the best sounding under $400 speaker sets you will find. Be warned though they have been discontinued for awhile so they may be hard to find.

Bass does not come from speakers. It comes from a subwoofer. Speakers cannot get low enough to produce the low ends of the sound spectrum as subs do. If you want more midbass than a 6.5" speaker then yes 6x9" is the way to go.
Look for some Eclipse SC6900's. They are a 6x9 component with cross overs and some of the best sounding under $400 speaker sets you will find. Be warned though they have been discontinued for awhile so they may be hard to find.
Ok thanks for the help. Now the question is. Which will give better sound quality??

Some say at 6x9 has some muffle to it.

I also found the Eclipse and for a nice price.

I was getting the ID component 6.5 set feather was selling in the bst. You say the Eclipse u posted r better speakers. Just wanna know before I pull the trigger. Thanks.

lol JUST GRAB SPEAKER SET ALREADY! quality of install > speaker choice.
I don't agree with you there buddy. Also I don't wanna buy twice. And I been out the loop for a while in car audio. So I know there are some new companies and new tech out there n that's why I am asking these questions.

I'maasking so getting mix answers on what speaker hit better and work better for mid bass. So that is why these posts r made.

I will be sealing up the door best I can and make it nice. But I still don't believe the Sq is less than the install.

I don't agree with you there buddy. Also I don't wanna buy twice. And I been out the loop for a while in car audio. So I know there are some new companies and new tech out there n that's why I am asking these questions.
I'maasking so getting mix answers on what speaker hit better and work better for mid bass. So that is why these posts r made.

I will be sealing up the door best I can and make it nice. But I still don't believe the Sq is less than the install.
Install can make or break the best speakers. Install can polish a turd but only so far.

If you want real midbass you need dedicated midbass drivers. They require a lot of work, power, and tuning. Something like the JL ZR800 like I used.

I think you want midrange, which some can play into the midbass range but they are designed for higher. If you want midrange to play midbass strong break out the credit card.

Install can make or break the best speakers. Install can polish a turd but only so far. If you want real midbass you need dedicated midbass drivers. They require a lot of work, power, and tuning. Something like the JL ZR800 like I used.

I think you want midrange, which some can play into the midbass range but they are designed for higher. If you want midrange to play midbass strong break out the credit card.
WTF. Midrange is not the same as midbass. Midranges also do not play midbass. Id love to see you get close to midbass frequencies out of a 3" midrange driver.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.