Some Advice on replacing Front Door Speakers on 06 Grand Cherokee

Hey guys whats up. Well I want to replace my Interior Door speakers and the DashBoard speakers with some new ones. Been looking but have not found really anything pleasing. They say the doors are 6x9" MidBass Speakers. The Dashboard are 3.5" Mids also...

I really am a Big CDT Audio Fan. They have some Nice speakers and always are great sounding. Just dont know if I want to throw that much into a set of speakers.

What other Brands can compete with CDT and will produce a good quality sound?

I think The truck as its own Interior amp stock. I may go ahead and replace that too. just not sure how easy it will be, only if I can use the wiring thats already in truck.

Head Unit is stock. That may get replaced down the road, But right now it does what it needs to do.

Any advice would be great. Always used this site for looking around and reading. But finally decided to join. Im not new with Car audio. I know my way around amps, wiring, and what to buy and what not to buy. Always had systems in my cars. But the truck I want room for fishing and all that. So no Subs in trunk. =)

When it comes to sound quality and output CDT is a bit higher than mid level. Depending on what you want to spend will determine how much better you can get. With any high end drive you need a way to tune them to get the most out of it.

Well I understand that. I love CDT Audio, always had them in my cars. Im just not sure I wanna throw down $170 for a set of speakers. Just dont know yet. Trying to see what else is out there before I pull the trigger. Money isnt tight. I just want some good quality speakers that will last, and that will do good with the stock amp. If not Ill have to replace that too.

Only concern I have is the Depth of the speakers:

Front Door speakers

3 1/16" depth

Dashboard speakers

3 3/8" side to side

1 9/16" depth

$170 won't get you much
Really? Your saying that other brands are more money than CDT? And I thought CDT was expensive!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

the upgrade they sell for the jeep is this ---> Kicker 77Kick11ab

Really? Your saying that other brands are more money than CDT? And I thought CDT was expensive!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
$170 will get you a decent budget component set. Or 1 of my tweeters

$170 will get you a decent budget component set. Or 1 of my tweeters
LMao just 1 of your tweeters? WTF!!!! Holy crapola....

The door speakers are a Midbass Speaker so comp set really wont help.

Well what do you recommend for the doors if I wanna spend the cash?

LMao just 1 of your tweeters? WTF!!!! Holy crapola....
The door speakers are a Midbass Speaker so comp set really wont help.

Well what do you recommend for the doors if I wanna spend the cash?
A component set. 6.5 in the door and tweeter in the dash. They make baffles and you will be better off.

In your shoes I would do a $100 set of splits or raw drivers from parts express, 6.5 and tweeter. Use what's left on baffles and sealing up the doors. You will have more efficient speakers with the proper seals and make better use of the power you do have. But like I said, just swapping speakers isn't ideal with no way to tune them. Your factory setup is tuned to what's in it. Every driver has its own sound signature.

A component set. 6.5 in the door and tweeter in the dash. They make baffles and you will be better off. In your shoes I would do a $100 set of splits or raw drivers from parts express, 6.5 and tweeter. Use what's left on baffles and sealing up the doors. You will have more efficient speakers with the proper seals and make better use of the power you do have. But like I said, just swapping speakers isn't ideal with no way to tune them. Your factory setup is tuned to what's in it. Every driver has its own sound signature.
The upgrade they sell for the jeep is this ---> Kicker 77Kick11ab

So you say to get a 6.5" speaker buy a baffle kit and seal it to the door? And thus this will give me a better quality sound than using a 6x9??

Do you have link to the speakers you say???

Also you dont like these by CDT HD 690CF

The upgrade they sell for the jeep is this ---> Kicker 77Kick11ab
So you say to get a 6.5" speaker buy a baffle kit and seal it to the door? And thus this will give me a better quality sound than using a 6x9??

Do you have link to the speakers you say???

Also you dont like these by CDT HD 690CF
Yes but seal up the whole door. Take a look at the accord build log on here done by KHA. What he did was cheap and makes a huge impact. Don't buy kicker please. Much better stuff in the same price point is out there. Just ask prior to paying. I'll get you some links.

Yes but seal up the whole door. Take a look at the accord build log on here done by KHA. What he did was cheap and makes a huge impact. Don't buy kicker please. Much better stuff in the same price point is out there. Just ask prior to paying. I'll get you some links.
Yeah thanks, I know Im not a fan of kicker really. I know you get what you pay for so that is why Im not gunna go cheap on them. Did you see the link I posted on teh CDT?

I can't promise these drivers will fit the dash perfectly, but the kit I recommend for you is CDT MX-2692. This uses a shallow 6x9 with a depth of 2.8" and I can include HD-2BL 2" mid/tweeters. These sound the same as the 2" drivers shown in that link, but the grille is not as tall in the center. This would make it more likely to fit under your factory dash grilles.

I saw what he did, **** he did a sick job. Now if I were to go with 6.5" speakers what baffle can I use? and also Like Would you take flat sheet metal to cover the hole? And re cut it to fit the baffle for round speakers? Thats my concern also.

And you say a 6.5" will hit harder and sound better than a 6x9" correct?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.