Solving a problem

bibby
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Elite
none
I have two Kicker comp vr 12's ported in a big ass ported box pushed by a kx800.2. dont know the specs on the box. it hits really hard on some songs, and others not at all. and it doesnt give me any low tight bass. My question is if i add 2 JL 10w3's in a sealed box between my seats in a console will this add the tight lows i am looking for, and help on some songs that my 12's dont hit on? And if i add them should i run them off the kx800.2 with my 12's, or add another amp? Input appreciated.

Do not simply add more subs, especially of differing size and/or model.

With the lack of any enclosure specs what so ever, its really impossible to give any good insight into your problem.

well ive only got one right now b/c i blew the other one, my new one will be here monday. will that make a difference? in SQ? it beats so hard w/ just one it really aint even normal for 1 12 to beat this hard i dont think. I am thinking it will make a diff.

I thought realy thought out systems had like two big woofers in ported boxes for boom boom, and 1 or 2 little woofers in sealed boxes for the tight low bass? Am i wrong?

FYI: i just paid $100 for the box saturday, and its a very nice box, I doubt i will redo it, also will adding cotton inside the box help w/ SQ any? I have heard it does.

I thought realy thought out systems had like two big woofers in ported boxes for boom boom, and 1 or 2 little woofers in sealed boxes for the tight low bass? Am i wrong?
if you make the box right it should do the "boom boom" AND the tight low bass. how a system sounds is all in the install NOT the equiptment.

well...it's a little the equiptment, but mostly just install.

i am pretty sure the box is too big for the woofer, i think its 2.5 cuf per side per 12, not sure though, will cottin in the chambers help SQ any?

on the box,how big is 'big a$$'?

enclosure can make or break the system...if you wanted tighter, more SQ, then 2.0 sealed per driver would be better...

how big actually is the enclosure and what is the tuned frequency?

Bass boost is a little over half, and gain is a little under half now b/c i ahd it barely over half, but i noticed a popping in my woofers, so i turned it down some. Local audio store's (that just installed $400 worth of highs and mids in my truck) box builder said to put some blocks of wood in it to take up the .5cuf so its just 2.0cuf, and said it would be perfect. so if i cut a peice of 4x4 wood and put a peice in each chamber how big would each peice need to be to take up .5cuf? Input deeply apreciated, new woofer will be here monday, so all i need to do this, and my system is done!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.