Solder on terminals bad?

Participant count
  • Participant list

HarleyF150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Louisiana
Yes, i am considering buying a pair of used 6.5 focal utopias, but their is solder on the terminals of the woofers. Is this bad? I would probably end up getting them soldered anyways but if it all ready has solder on it will it make a difference? Sorry for the question if its stupid but i just want to make sure.

thanks

if the speaker looks fine and the only thing you can see is the solder on termials, i say pick em up

ask the guy if you can hook em up first before you buy

left over solder in the terminals wont affect the speaker at all....but if ur going to be soldering wires onto there- i would just suggest making the soldering quick.

-pat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Nobody is bashing anything. Just because I can use stainless, doesn't I should. The bananas I use are 4mm BFA style gold plated copper, pretty...
I like the way these look. But whatever I do it has to be top post. My battery is on the driver side and right beside the air filter housing. So...
The way it is sitting doesn't seem unsound, just not neat and factory looking. You might be able to come 90 degrees out the side cut away some...
Im really glad I found this site, you've all taken time to help me out, much appreciated!!! I got a ported kicker brand box and 2 of those 12 sub...
A quick Google search, and I found this option. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004QCBM28/?tag=caraudiocom-20

About this thread

HarleyF150

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
HarleyF150
Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date