Sold on FoxBox for F-150, help me pick.....down to 2 different configurations

JL Audio setup or DD setup for Fox Box in F-150?

• Jl Audio

• DD

Results are only viewable after voting.
    Participant count
  • Participant list

Abelfei

CarAudio.com Newbie
ND
Went and listened to a Fox Box in a Chevy Silverado today and Wow. Granted, I haven't really listened to much systems since mine back in 2005, but I was impressed, especially for the enclosure.

I am new to the game here. Back in 2004, I had 2 Rockford Fosgate Power 12"/s powered by 1000W mono amp, 1000W stereo amp powering 4 alpine componet speakers, and a 56 farad capictor. I loved the quality, and as a musician, I have never heard better bass or speakers within the context of the bass drum and percussion. But my experience was and still is limited.

So I ask you this : Would you guys recommend spending $3400 on Fox Box with all Firect Design stuff ( 2X 10" 500D 4ohm subs, DD CC 6.5 components in front and DD 6.5 coax in the back. subs powered by 1500W D1500a and speakers 500W DD amp.) orrrr... for $900 more.....

: 2 JL Audio 10" 10W3v3-4's powered by a JL audio HD1200 amp, an HD600 JL amp powering C1-650's in the front and back.

I realize I am losing some power here. I really liked the DD sound, it hid hard and clean.
2 test songs to capture type of bass drum sound I want would be Time Consumer by Coheed & Cambria and The Crowing by Coheed and Cambria.

P.s. I have somewhat considered and Alpine Type R setup.

Let me know what you guys think for my tastes, thanks.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...