SoCal Skar Audio build

That schit is real clean! I wanted those subs so bad too. But my RD has not moved. Im always in Cali, will have to check it out sometime. What part of SoCal you reside?

in ontario. off the 15 and 60 5 miles below the 10. so basically you take the 10 the whole way lol

just hit me up on here ill pm you my celly we can meet up for some beers a little demo time fishing w/e.my community has a lake with massive largemouth bass . has to be on the weekend thou. Fire academy coming up

pics uploading. its all done //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Now what :/

mine are louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i went ahead and Droped the wiring down to .5ohm. box rise im sitting at 1.2ohm. playing a 30hz tone rising to 1.8ohm. amp Runs SWEET! Little warm as its 90 degree's right now. I wired it back up to 2ohm atm as there is no need to run the amp at .5ohm unless for comps and such. I would suggest to anybody needing a nice small footprint amp to get the ZRS-C65!

mine are louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gifi went ahead and Droped the wiring down to .5ohm. box rise im sitting at 1.2ohm. playing a 30hz tone rising to 1.8ohm. amp Runs SWEET! Little warm as its 90 degree's right now. I wired it back up to 2ohm atm as there is no need to run the amp at .5ohm unless for comps and such. I would suggest to anybody needing a nice small footprint amp to get the ZRS-C65!
Hahaha Im sure... Im gunna go drop the DTR are on mine and take the big belle out I think

Nice setup. I have a ZRS-C65 as well. You said you wired it down to .5 ohms, but I thought it was only 2 ohm stable. Is it stable at lower ohms and do you know what kind of power it's putting out at those ohms?

PICS:

DSCN1163.jpg

t400-2

DSCN1164.jpg

ZRS-C65

DSCN1165.jpg

distro center lol

DSCN1166.jpg

power and ground run

DSCN1167.jpg

DSCN1168.jpg

Driver side component

DSCN1169.jpg

Pioneer 4200DVD-LOVE THIS HU!

DSCN1170.jpg

Nice setup. I have a ZRS-C65 as well. You said you wired it down to .5 ohms, but I thought it was only 2 ohm stable. Is it stable at lower ohms and do you know what kind of power it's putting out at those ohms?
yup. first thing you need to do is open your amp up and put a heatsink on the driver board. there are two transistors that heat up WAAAAAY TO MUCH! second check where your fuses are on the board. you have to remove the board. look and make sure there is no little metal jumper going from one side of the fuses to the other side. it totally defeats the purpose of the fuses. simply snip that off. lastly make sure you have a good amount of box rise. the amp will hate to play .5ohm static load. it will run to hot and go poof. above 1ohm and your good.

yup. first thing you need to do is open your amp up and put a heatsink on the driver board. there are two transistors that heat up WAAAAAY TO MUCH! second check where your fuses are on the board. you have to remove the board. look and make sure there is no little metal jumper going from one side of the fuses to the other side. it totally defeats the purpose of the fuses. simply snip that off. lastly make sure you have a good amount of box rise. the amp will hate to play .5ohm static load. it will run to hot and go poof. above 1ohm and your good.
What kind of heat sink did you use? What is the expected power output at .5? I have one of these I'm using and mine gets hot at 2 ohm as it is.

What kind of heat sink did you use? What is the expected power output at .5? I have one of these I'm using and mine gets hot at 2 ohm as it is.
you know the little clips people use to clamp for surrounds when re-coning? just one of those. tommy did it. de-soldered the driver card from the board, placed some foam washed in acetone on top of the two transistors then put the clip on. took the handles out and viola DIY heatsink. they just get too **** hot. also the rail voltage on the amp is to high to run the amp at .5ohm to 1ohm after rise. above 1ohm and your good. be certain of the box rise and your good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.