so why aren't there more 2ohm speakers?

anyone know how a stock hu can Handel these 2ohm speakers?
My jbls read 3.7 ohms so I'm guessing that's how. They were no where near the 2 ohm rating. Makes me kinda hate jbl. Head units shouldn't be able to handle a real 2 ohm load.

My jbls read 3.7 ohms so I'm guessing that's how. They were no where near the 2 ohm rating. Makes me kinda hate jbl. Head units shouldn't be able to handle a real 2 ohm load.
Did you short your leads to see what the meter read before you measured the speakers?

JBL and Infinity use "True 4 Ohm" marketing terminology with a 2 ohm speaker because they say your factory speaker wires will add roughly 2 ohms. It all changes with music playing anyway.

there are alot that do it especially kicker/stillwater old schools, but in all honesty the lower the ohm rating usually the sh1ttier the sound...
I never understood this. If you look at subwoofers' date=' lower ohm rating meant lower QTS and QES, which means better cone control and sound quality.[/quote']
Correct me if Im wrong.

I always thought less ohms = more bass (punch) over the sound quality(clarity)

and more ohms = less bass (punch) and more sound quality (clarity)

Did you short your leads to see what the meter read before you measured the speakers?
JBL and Infinity use "True 4 Ohm" marketing terminology with a 2 ohm speaker because they say your factory speaker wires will add roughly 2 ohms. It all changes with music playing anyway.
I didn't short the leads, and I refuse to believe their marketing terminology. I bought the amp for the 2 ohm power and the jbls are only drawing a 4 ohm load from the amp. I could have got some regular 4 ohm speakers. I haven't seen 2 ohms added while playing music.

there are alot that do it especially kicker/stillwater old schools, but in all honesty the lower the ohm rating usually the sh1ttier the sound...
I dunno

These sound pretty freakin good

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.