arc black 3 way set up

Participant count
  • Participant list

fundio

I just purchased a set of the arc 3 way black series with the passive xovers. I was wondering if anyone here has this set with the passive xovers and how much room to play with them. Where I live no shop has them on display so I could not listen to them. I have the Id cxs 64v.2 currently and was wondering how much of a difference it would make. I eventually want to go active. The other question is what active xover would do this correctly. I have some old gear laying around and the old ppi frx 456 is one of them. Would this work for this set or is the ps8 or bit one the way to go? Any info would help. Thanks.

Yeah, I wouldn't get rid of an 8500BHS for an 80PRS. They will be a steep challenege to learn, but a PS8 or Bitone is the right way to go if you want the ultimate control over the speakers. MS-8 is a viable option as well and your tuning time should be cut drastically. Keep in mind you also need to be smart about where you place and aim the speakers.

Also you'll want amps that have a pass thru option for active capabilities I'm a arc dealer on the forum here the blacks are a very sweet component set from my understanding they can take 100 rms per Side they are rated at 85 rms. but if the signal is clean a 100 each should do it arc does underrate these a bit like most of heir equipment. The new xdi Zeff engineered 4 channel and 2 channel. With a ps8 would be perfect

Thanks for the input. I spoke with Doug from arc who designed the xovers. He said they have a lot of variations and have minimal wattage loss. So I will use them for a while until I figure an active set up. As of now I am running a ks300.4 looking for another (anyone got one they want to part with?) He said 2 of them would be ideal. but will use a ppi pc50 for the tweeters for now until I get another ks300.4. The more I read the more a processor looks right. I will take a look at the ms8 though thanks for that. Placement is my other concern. I think I am going to try to put them in the doors in a pod with an angle. Arc suggested if that is not possible keep the 4 and tweeter together. Btw how much of a difference will these make from the id cxs64v.2? Those mids get down.I like them a lot but they just are not enough for what I'm looking for. When I get them dialed with th xeq and give the that extra push they just kinda fall apart. And it is going in an 03 Camry is the ultimate goal to get them to aim center of car? And would dash mounting the 4 and tweet be pointless. I understand every car's acoustics is different and I have never ran a true 3 way like this so any suggestions would be great on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.