So many wiring options. Confused please help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ok so I have a system I plan on setting up soon I've done it before but I'm not sure I had it wired up to push the full power of the amp I want to do it differently this time. I tried using the sticky but I'm still having trouble understanding. Any help is appreciated

My setup is going to be

2 12" Memphis Power reference 15-PR12D4V2 which are 250rms 500 peak pretty sure its under rated they are DVC 4 ohm I believe.

The amp is a Kenwood KAC-5001ps Class D mono 300watt rms @ 4 ohm 500 at 2 ohm. Is there a way I can wire it to 1 ohm to get the 1000 watt, is it worth it? I plan on driving the long distances so the amp heating up is a factor to me. The amp has only 1 positive and 1 negative outlet so the subs will be bridged

The wires I will be using for the speakers is Hitron 12awg OFC SPW12-25. For power and ground I will be using sky high 4 gauge OFC.

If someone could show me the right wiring diagram and answer my questions that would be great. Thanks for any help

you can acheive a 1 ohm load by wiring the subs coils in parallel (black to black red to red) and then wiring the two subs together in the same manner. Is the amp 1 ohm stable?

That amp is NOT 1 ohm stable, your only option is to run the set @ 4 ohms (provided that these subs are indeed D4's), or get an other 1 of those amps and run one to each sub @ 2 ohms... but if that's the case & it were me.... I'd just get a 1 ohm stable amp for the both of them... I mean if you wind up having to buy ANYTHING, might as well be something that would suit this setup better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

That amp is NOT 1 ohm stable, your only option is to run the set @ 4 ohms (provided that these subs are indeed D4's), or get an other 1 of those amps and run one to each sub @ 2 ohms... but if that's the case & it were me.... I'd just get a 1 ohm stable amp for the both of them... I mean if you wind up having to buy ANYTHING, might as well be something that would suit this setup better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Ok well I have already bought the amp and don't have the money for another, guess I should have asked this question beforehand lol. So I'm limited to wiring it at a 4 ohm load? If so could you point me towards the right wiring diagram?

Yes but you will not at all achieve potential with that amp...run it at 4 ohms and save for a 1 ohm stable amp....

In the mean time simply Google "subwoofer wiring diagram"

here's an easy way to do this... Take the sub and make a single jumper wire to go from 1 of the voice coil's positive terminals - To the opposing voice coil's negative terminal - Then connect your speaker wires as you would normally to the remaining un-used terminal connections - This is called wiring your voice coils in a "Series" which will make a D4 sub a single 8 ohm load... Do this for both subs and then just connect both sub leads together = positive / positive - neg / neg (Parallel) for a single 4 ohm load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.