So I'm an idiot and need help...

tykempster
10+ year member

I have a Kicker L715 to put in the trunk of my car. I built a box that fit perfectly in the trunk over break, unfortunately, I didn't account for actually getting it into the trunk opening.

Monsterous fail.

Therefore, I was hoping someone could come up with a failproof plan.

Here are all the dimensions that should be needed to make something that will fit this time...

trunkdimensions.jpg

trunkdimensions2.jpg

trunkdimensions3.jpg

trunkdimensions4.jpg

My initial idea is have a semi-wedge shaped box, but this may be a horrible idea:

boxidea.jpg

I would like it to be ported, if the port could vent towards the wheel well that would give it plenty of room, and allow the box to fit the maximum depth of the trunk.

Thanks for any help,

Tyler

Picture302.jpg
Picture306.jpg

100_0711.jpg
remove all the **** from the floor and try too fit it in mine was soo close i had to bend the piece of metal that the seal goes on and after i got it in i bent it back but i didnt leave it in long soo no pics of it but always measure the opening i made suse i did and **** was i close 1/16th more and no fit ill c if i can find pics

It cannot fit from the rear without some heavy bending, the front is not fully open when you fold the seat down, it has some little pyramid of gayness that serves no purpose other than to prevent boxes from fitting through.

So I'll be needing a new one...

bullsh1t. My friend and i fit a huge box with an 18 in it, and crammed it in there. That little peice that holds the trunk shut, don't worry about it, just push the box hard enough and it will get through.

Protip for fitting boxes through the ski hole, if you take the butt cushion out of the back seat (usually just pops out or is held in by a couple bolts, the top part of the seats fold down further (has been the deciding factor many times) also the triangles on my car come unhooked and you can fold them to the side. if you cant i would just cut them lulz. In your case I think if you build a proper ported box youll come out much happier, craigslist the current one.

I suggest:

... 15"H x 33"W x 25"D ( That's 7.16cuft Net - 5.78cuft Internally minus the port & sub displacement )

Im gonna guesstimate and say it'll be 5.0 - 5.3cuft after all is said and done...

First I would take that Bottom panel trim piece off ( The plastic that around the trunk lock @ the bottom )

Secondly... Gut the trunk of the bottom carpet ( cut the carpet @ the end and place it in the trunk when the enclosure is installed

* If it's like my Accord - It's cardboard wrapped with carpet... use and box cutter & gorilla glue... ( adhesive works also )

... That enclosure should but a perfect fit...

( What's the make/year/model )

I suggest:... 15"H x 33"W x 25"D ( That's 7.16cuft Net - 5.78cuft Internally minus the port & sub displacement )

Im gonna guesstimate and say it'll be 5.0 - 5.3cuft after all is said and done...

First I would take that Bottom panel trim piece off ( The plastic that around the trunk lock @ the bottom )

Secondly... Gut the trunk of the bottom carpet ( cut the carpet @ the end and place it in the trunk when the enclosure is installed

* If it's like my Accord - It's cardboard wrapped with carpet... use and box cutter & gorilla glue... ( adhesive works also )

... That enclosure should but a perfect fit...

( What's the make/year/model )
looks like a 97ish cavalier or saturn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.