So I bought a double din unit off of eBay...

I thought about that.... Do you know what type of connection is required to make that armrest port work the aux port I don't care about the iPod port. Is it a simple line in?? Could it be that simple? And yea the AVH doesn't appear to have a aux port but maybe something like this will work?
View attachment 26545368

Does anyone know if the USB port in the back of the Avh pioneer has power to it... What I mean is I am also thinking about plugging in a small bluetooth device that has a usb to micro usb charger so will the pioneer keep it charged for use??

I am thinking about the dockboss as reference to anyone wondering what I'm talking about.
That's not going to work. The pioneers have a hard enough time using different formatted usb drives, let alone a different kind of device. I switched out my headunit for an Android tablet. USB otg from phone or usb drive, bluetooth, gps, HD screen, etc. Has digital audio out too, so it sounds nice and responds/runs way better than most double din headunits.

Appreciatete the feedback during some searches I did find that the 1500 has a AUX. Port just so everyone knows and I'm probably going to install a bluetooth adapter in the USB port to stream directly to the (usb - bluetooth) radio //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif figure this will work beautifully the way I'm thinking muahahahhhaha *cough*

Made in China is different than designed/engineered/built in China
Haha yea I learned that the hard way for sure.

Hey does anyone know what kind of cable I need to look for behind the radio when I take it out to make the auxiliary port in my armrest to start working again?? Is it just link a line in jack to plug into the aux of the radio or one of those pin plugs? Anyone know about this??

Haha yea I learned that the hard way for sure.
Hey does anyone know what kind of cable I need to look for behind the radio when I take it out to make the auxiliary port in my armrest to start working again?? Is it just link a line in jack to plug into the aux of the radio or one of those pin plugs? Anyone know about this??
no idea man, maybe just ditch the armrest aux port for the sake of simplicity? If you're dead set on having an aux in the armrest and can't figure out how to hook it up get a nice, long aux cord and re-run the cable.

Made in China is different than designed/engineered/built in China
And of course they ship the worst of the worst to the US. Have you ever been to china? They keep all the good legit **** for themselves and never planned on shipping it out internationally. Fking wankers, all of them in the mainland.

don't know if I mentioned but it's a 2007 scion tc. Also I purchased two Bazooka Tubes from a local dude selling on craigslist both of them work one is a 10inch and one is a 8inch, I am planning on installing the 8inch model into my trunk because I just like the way it sits more and has a built in amp which I still don't know if the amp works on it though :/

The Radio Arrived today everyone! Love love love the way it looks out the box. (Pioneer AVX-X1500)

Considering I mentioned the Bazooka box I am not looking to rattle my car by any means necessary I can not STAND! no offense but can't stand people driving down the street and all you hear is a rumble coming from the car - this is also another reason im doing the 8 instead of the 10. It looks like the Bazooka original speakers came with it because I took apart the 8" and it wasn't a brand on it, said void if tags were removed so I think it's all original, I was thinking about getting a new 8" sub but me and a friend did test out the speaker and it worked fine. I can not wait to install everything I am very happy to have all the parts finally here for this project.

View attachment 26545492View attachment 26545491View attachment 26545493

I finally installed my radio!! with the help of someone i met here in Miami i finally got the thing looking and working ****.

I also got myself a adapter from Bestbuy called the ALuratek Istream universal Bluetooth Receiver here is a photo View attachment 26545494

I have decided to add bluetooth because i wanted to stream audio on my device without having to connect my iphone or android whatever i wanted to stream (wireless)

the Istream I plugged the usb to the back of the pioneer's usb port to keep it charged whenever i turn the car on and got an extension for the actual aux plug in so i can pass the bluetooth device to my glovebox in case i ever need to troubleshoot the device or pair another one.

gotta get a video of this thing but hope you guys like the look

so thought i would give an update of the Pioneer unit that I installed, the unit looks awesome been using it for about a week or two now and i love it. I also did some work to my lights of the car all exterior but that's another story.

View attachment 26545558View attachment 26545559View attachment 26545560View attachment 26545557

and this piece which i was reviewing well looking at reviews for a long time I thought i would connect the power source to the usb port in the back of the pioneer to power the unit and have a extension for the aux port insert and i ran those two cables to my glove box in case i ever needed to trouble shoot the device and it works amazingly, i can now stream any song on my phone or Pandora through bluetooth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif well the radio is on AUX but device bluetooth.

View attachment 26545561

so thought i would give an update of the Pioneer unit that I installed, the unit looks awesome been using it for about a week or two now and i love it. I also did some work to my lights of the car all exterior but that's another story.
View attachment 26545558View attachment 26545559View attachment 26545560View attachment 26545557

and this piece which i was reviewing well looking at reviews for a long time I thought i would connect the power source to the usb port in the back of the pioneer to power the unit and have a extension for the aux port insert and i ran those two cables to my glove box in case i ever needed to trouble shoot the device and it works amazingly, i can now stream any song on my phone or Pandora through bluetooth //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif well the radio is on AUX but device bluetooth.

View attachment 26545561
this is what i dont understand about trying to get your aux input to work, if you have a smartphone you will never use the aux, on the pioneers you can use the usb with a usb card reader and plug in an sd card, not sure about your limitation but I have an older avic 120bt and it accepts up to 16gb sd cards so i have 2 sd cards one inserted internally and the other one inserted on a card reader which connects to the usb, plus any music i have on my smart phone. I dont use the cd/dvd anymore but you can burn dvd disc with music videos or music and play it also that will give you another 4.7gb or 8gb on double layer.

if using a video for sd cards you will need to reformat your videos after you download so the pioneer will read it.

good luck

this is what i dont understand about trying to get your aux input to work, if you have a smartphone you will never use the aux, on the pioneers you can use the usb with a usb card reader and plug in an sd card, not sure about your limitation but I have an older avic 120bt and it accepts up to 16gb sd cards so i have 2 sd cards one inserted internally and the other one inserted on a card reader which connects to the usb, plus any music i have on my smart phone. I dont use the cd/dvd anymore but you can burn dvd disc with music videos or music and play it also that will give you another 4.7gb or 8gb on double layer.
if using a video for sd cards you will need to reformat your videos after you download so the pioneer will read it.

good luck
I use the aux input due to the fact that my HU USB doesn't work with the new iPhones. I bought a bluetooth dongle that hooks into the aux jack, but I can notice a difference in SQ when using bluetooth over aux... Aux jack sounds waaaay better, maybe the dongle was just cheap. It's all just personal preference.

you bought the iphone usb dongle right? and you bought the oem and not a cheap chinese iphone dongle from ebay (i've heard these are hit and miss)

dongle will be better since you will be able to see the video in your double din and will also charge your iphone

you bought the iphone usb dongle right? and you bought the oem and not a cheap chinese iphone dongle from ebay (i've heard these are hit and miss)
dongle will be better since you will be able to see the video in your double din and will also charge your iphone
I don't have a double din, I have an olderish Eclipse HU. No OEM bluetooth. I was just saying it's OP's preference to try and use the aux jack because he wanted to. Maybe he doesn't have a smartphone that can hook into the HU, flip phones nowadays have bluetooth

I don't have a double din, I have an olderish Eclipse HU. No OEM bluetooth. I was just saying it's OP's preference to try and use the aux jack because he wanted to. Maybe he doesn't have a smartphone that can hook into the HU, flip phones nowadays have bluetooth
sorry i thought you were the OP who bought a double din

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.