Wiring Sub to Amp Safely

Participant count
  • Participant list

Umbra

Hobbyist & CA Tenderfoot
Hey guy, I'll cut to the chase:

I've got a Kenwood KAC-9103D and two Rockford Fosgate Punch HE2s. I've also got two boxes; one for a single sub and one for two, but there's only one set of leads on it, so whatever parallel/series wiring needs to be done on/between the speakers so two wires connect the box to the amp.

Rather than improperly conveying the watts, ohms, etc. each of those links will bring you right to the details pages for the respective item. What I'd like to know is how to best wiring two situations so I get the most power safely (without pushing anything too hard). I'd like to know how to wire it using both the subs, but also how to wire it using just one of them in case two's too much.

Thank you.

It does say 1 ohm but it is "unbridged " whic I learned the hard way use bothh sets of terminals if doing 1 ohm if not stay at 2
If they are d4 subs OP can only either wire at 1,4, or 8 ohms. Because those subs are only rated for 300W RMS I'd keep them wired at 4.

Thanks everyone.

Right now I've got the two subwoofers wired in the box and it reads 4ohms across the leads.

This is where I'm lost. How much wattage or power can the coils receive wired like this, and does it fall within the acceptable range?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.