So I bought a double din unit off of eBay...

ok I get the red and yellow to a positive and black to ground but...... what is the power supply that im supposed to use if not a generator or PSU from a computer? Like a D Battery or something this is where im confused since I don't have PSU or generators lol I know very noobish inquiry but I know nothing about these units aside from enjoying them haha

Touch them to the battery under the Hood of the car?
yea that could work lol didn't really think about it since I was thinking of in-home possibilities. This wont burn it out by any chance right? I only ask since it be a direct connection to the battery and thinking that's a lot of power no? I could be totally wrong. If anything I could do this once I get home

Won't hurt anything....is there an inline fuse in the radios harness?if so that will help in case you touch something wrong.
Inline fuse? well just looked it up and no I don't remember seeing a inline fuse on any of the wires, just the plastic piece that connects directly to the radio and everything else I think just wires.

PUFF, did it burn yet lol, i was just kidding the battery in your car is 12 volts make sur eyou get good connection if your wiring slips it might burn that head unit

lol no explosions yet, I haven't done it yet. I was tired so I went to bed when I got home. I am going to try and achieve a power on tomorrow //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I hope it works flawlessly because this is after all my 1st double din purchase and I am just hoping it comes out awesome.

I am posting a photo of the cable that comes with the unit, not much to look at but I guess it looks pretty standard.

View attachment 26545333

View attachment 26545334

and this is the picture of the kit I bought, I am ultimately planning to take off the door I want to have a clean look all throughout the interior, I am planning on doing more mods but as of right now my radio is pretty much the most important one.

and just one more photo

View attachment 26545335

I'd bet they use a universal back panel for multiple models, and just cover up the holes of features not supported by that particular model with that paper stuff. Cheaper that way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'd bet they use a universal back panel for multiple models, and just cover up the holes of features not supported by that particular model with that paper stuff. Cheaper that way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yea I can see that making a lot more sense, I wasn't really looking forward to taking it apart and checking lol don't want to accidentally ruin something. I am sure if they came with those features there be no need to cover it up....

Yea I can see that making a lot more sense, I wasn't really looking forward to taking it apart and checking lol don't want to accidentally ruin something. I am sure if they came with those features there be no need to cover it up....
Exactly. Post pics and keep us updated when you get it installed, if you're happy with it I might go double DIN myself, although I do love my old Eclipse HU //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

how much did you get the head unit and give us some reviews when you get it installed, im interested
I actually wanted to get a Pioneer or Alpine but you gotta ask yourself do you really have $300.00 to shell out just for the unit itself? I didn't lol and another thing is that everything is made in china today so considering that and my friend giving me voice of reason and the fact that this looks **** in itself I didn't have a problem buying off of ebay and I only paid right around $120.00, If it works how it's supposed to I am going to be one happy camper lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.