So I bought a double din unit off of eBay...

Exactly. Post pics and keep us updated when you get it installed, if you're happy with it I might go double DIN myself, although I do love my old Eclipse HU //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Nothing wrong with single din's if that's what you have, just mine is totally messed up - the one that came with my tc when I purchased just ***** royally! its a removable face single din and the connection from the removable face somehow just doesn't sit well when it's attached to the unit so I have to put something right above the unit to pressure the faceplate to squeeze and stay in place..........Its all rigged up I hate it.

I am just eagerly waiting for the kit now, which I don't know why I didn't buy the kit at the same time lol then again I didn't expect my radio to get here so quick either but it did so im not in any rush atm.

Nothing wrong with single din's if that's what you have, just mine is totally messed up - the one that came with my tc when I purchased just ***** royally! its a removable face single din and the connection from the removable face somehow just doesn't sit well when it's attached to the unit so I have to put something right above the unit to pressure the faceplate to squeeze and stay in place..........Its all rigged up I hate it.
I am just eagerly waiting for the kit now, which I don't know why I didn't buy the kit at the same time lol then again I didn't expect my radio to get here so quick either but it did so im not in any rush atm.
Yeah but I have the car audio bug, never stop upgrading or changing things... I love my current system and am totally satisfied with it, I just want to see how loud I can get in my old car while still keeping the back seat useable. My back seat turned into my trunk when I got my current sub, amp, extra battery and box.

Can anyone describe to me how to attach the cables to my battery? Is it just twisting red and yellow placing it on positive and black to negative? Should I attach one before the orher??

Ok so I'm happy and sad at the same time.... I turned the unit on with the cables as I saw and guessed how it was with my car battery.

Pros: definitely looks better than my unit

Look like it does quite a lot and a nice dark LCD background

Cons: the screen itself isn't the most responsive but it could be that it's brand new so idk if that will get better

I did not find I'm settings anywhere to change the background //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif is this something you'd normally do like a hack or something??? And ironically the actual two buttons on the left light up the same orange glow as the dashboard and I didn't see if it's changeable

I am planning on changing my entire dash and waterfall color so having this radio light up the same color I have now even if it's two buttons kinda turns me off from it a little //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif seriously don't know what to do now.

but you gotta ask yourself do you really have $300.00 to shell out just for the unit itself?
Yes.. You get what you pay for and the headunit is the brain of the whole stereo so why cheap out on it?

Ok so I'm happy and sad at the same time.... I turned the unit on with the cables as I saw and guessed how it was with my car battery.
Pros: definitely looks better than my unit

Look like it does quite a lot and a nice dark LCD background

Cons: the screen itself isn't the most responsive but it could be that it's brand new so idk if that will get better

I did not find I'm settings anywhere to change the background //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif is this something you'd normally do like a hack or something??? And ironically the actual two buttons on the left light up the same orange glow as the dashboard and I didn't see if it's changeable

I am planning on changing my entire dash and waterfall color so having this radio light up the same color I have now even if it's two buttons kinda turns me off from it a little //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif seriously don't know what to do now.
Did it not come with an owners manual?

Did the add on ebay say you could change the colors?

Post a link to the add and maybe it will answer some of those questions.

well i guess i was dumb to think that a basic feature (I thought) would be to come with some kind of customization to the unit but i guess not. Sorry haven't posted in a couple days i wanted to see what i was going to do. I am sending the unit back :-/ finally decided, actually contacted the ebay seller (store) and talked directly with them and they are understanding cool people so I am sending it back tomorrow morning. I am not taking another chance with double din systems and ill be damned if i buy another unit that I have to send back lol.

In saying all that I just purchased a new double din system lol it's the Pioneer AVH-X1500

heres the product page link: AVH-X1500DVD - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.1" WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, and AppRadio Mode for iPhone® 4S and iPhone® 4 | Pioneer Electronics USA

and some photos //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I always wanted to get a pioneer but figured the cheaper unit would be good enough but yea.... i was wrong.

View attachment 26545358View attachment 26545359

I can't wait to get this unit, my actual install kit should be here before i get the unit which is cool.

ok i dont know what the deal is but i posted something last night like twice the same thing because it didn't appear and it just never showed.... anyways lol i guess ill try it again.

you definitely get what you pay for but honestly to me it just seems like a very basic feature (or so i thought) that some kind of customization would be available on most if not all double dins and single dins but then again im not to knowledgeable about the audio world yet. It was my mistake since the actual listing didn't mention anything about backgrounds or lighting change.

Took me a couple of days to get back to posting because i was trying to figure out my next move, there was no way i wanted to actually install that double din after testing it, even though i really wanted to love that thing haha. So i contacted the ebay seller and arranged to send it back to them, i am just waiting on a return address right now --- I definitely think i learned my lesson when it comes to electronics, I usually buy the most expensive thing there is when it comes to quality and design but i just thought hmmm... this could work.

In saying all that..... I just bought another double din....yes yes i know but it's not a cheap double din lol it's the Pioneer AVH-X1500. I checked out the reviews on this thing and yea... it seems like a winner! My friend also just gave me a 10inch sub and an amp which im not a big fan of blasting any kind of bass but hearing how he has his set up it sounds nice and clean so thats the direction im going to go in as well.

Thanks for the love on the my thread guys i appreciate it. I am thinking now to buy a rear view camera adapter for my license plate.

Yeah the only customization I have for colors on my HU are either red or green buttons, which is perfect because all my dash and climate control lights are green. LCD screen is blue with white text. I'm just gonna stick with mine for now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

View attachment 26545317View attachment 26545316
And it arrived very very quickly which I am of course pleased with. The unit is awesome //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif have to buy a install kit though :-/

Well the reason I am making this thread is because behind the unit there are 3 compartments / ports? One for TV, one for usb and one for iPod. Mind you this unit is not a pioneer or alpine no sadly I could not afford this yet so I bought a unit from china which is where everything is made from anyways right? Took a chance non the less.

The ports for some reason are covered from the inside of the back plate of the unit and if you place your finger where the port is supposed to be it's like a black piece of sticky paper... I'm really not sure if it's that the unit is not supposed to feature these parts and they got covered to avoid blank areas or if I'm supposed to unscrew the whole back end of the unit and take off this paper...... I know super confusing :-/ btw the 3 ports are on the right on this second photo.

Has anyone ever encountered this?? Please any feedback would be awesome.
Send it back for a refund and order a Million D2229 it has better sound quality and full 7 inch touchscreen plus usb on front along with sd card slot, mono sub output, 4 audio outputs, 2 audio inputs, 2 video outputs, and 1 video input. And if yours is the 1 I think it is then its about the same price as the Million but that one doesnt have a micro sound processor the Million does.

i think im going to stick with my Pioneer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but thanks for your input.

I am searching various forums right now regarding a aux port i have in my armrest - posting here i think would be hard to find a tc owner that's encountered my issue. If i dont get anywhere maybe i will.

Send it back for a refund and order a Million D2229 it has better sound quality and full 7 inch touchscreen plus usb on front along with sd card slot, mono sub output, 4 audio outputs, 2 audio inputs, 2 video outputs, and 1 video input. And if yours is the 1 I think it is then its about the same price as the Million but that one doesnt have a micro sound processor the Million does.
I think im going to stick with the Pioneer im waiting on right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif dont know if you were referring to the cheap double din from when i started the thread but i move quick haha, I am now waiting on the Pioneer AVH-X1500!

at the moment i am worried about a aux port i have in my armrest, I am trying to search my scion forums but honestly they are beginning to look awfully how should i put this... deserted ? if i can't get anywhere i may go ahead and ask here since it is a audio thing but let's see what i do.

I think im going to stick with the Pioneer im waiting on right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif dont know if you were referring to the cheap double din from when i started the thread but i move quick haha, I am now waiting on the Pioneer AVH-X1500!
at the moment i am worried about a aux port i have in my armrest, I am trying to search my scion forums but honestly they are beginning to look awfully how should i put this... deserted ? if i can't get anywhere i may go ahead and ask here since it is a audio thing but let's see what i do.
Yeh I was referring to the first one lol. Also I've Heard lots of good things about the AVH so I'm sure you'll like it. I didn't know you had ordered the pioneer so I was referring you to the best cheap one you could get.

As for the aux port in the arm rest some scion head units have a hookup on the back that runs to that aux port. But I'm pretty sure that AVH has a usb port so you could just get a 4 or 8 gb thumb drive off ebay for like 5 bucks and put tons of music on it and play it that way because I'm pretty sure you wont be able to do much with that aux port after you get the AVH anyway since the only aux it has is av.

Yeh I was referring to the first one lol. Also I've Heard lots of good things about the AVH so I'm sure you'll like it. I didn't know you had ordered the pioneer so I was referring you to the best cheap one you could get.
As for the aux port in the arm rest some scion head units have a hookup on the back that runs to that aux port. But I'm pretty sure that AVH has a usb port so you could just get a 4 or 8 gb thumb drive off ebay for like 5 bucks and put tons of music on it and play it that way because I'm pretty sure you wont be able to do much with that aux port after you get the AVH anyway since the only aux it has is av.
I thought about that.... Do you know what type of connection is required to make that armrest port work the aux port I don't care about the iPod port. Is it a simple line in?? Could it be that simple? And yea the AVH doesn't appear to have a aux port but maybe something like this will work?

View attachment 26545368

Does anyone know if the USB port in the back of the Avh pioneer has power to it... What I mean is I am also thinking about plugging in a small bluetooth device that has a usb to micro usb charger so will the pioneer keep it charged for use??

I am thinking about the dockboss as reference to anyone wondering what I'm talking about.

BIIIIIGGGGG Question.... Does anyone know if the USB port in the back of the AVH provides power?? Like if I attach a usb to micro sad to power a small bluetooth device?? Like the dockboss for reference

I thought about that.... Do you know what type of connection is required to make that armrest port work the aux port I don't care about the iPod port. Is it a simple line in?? Could it be that simple? And yea the AVH doesn't appear to have a aux port but maybe something like this will work?
View attachment 26545368

Does anyone know if the USB port in the back of the Avh pioneer has power to it... What I mean is I am also thinking about plugging in a small bluetooth device that has a usb to micro usb charger so will the pioneer keep it charged for use??

I am thinking about the dockboss as reference to anyone wondering what I'm talking about.
That should work as an aux port but i cant guarentee it

Also any usb port on something like that will charge stuff. It has to have power flowing through it to read the devices that are plugged into it. So yes it should keep a bluetooth device charged

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.