So bigger amp?

Okay back on topic. So yall believe its the HU? I read that the stock F150 radio isn't that bad on the 2011 XLT. Wonder if my amp is going bad, I doubt it. I think I need to sell my amp and buy a bigger one around 2k actual power or would yall advise against that?

I would recommend looking into a better LOC Audio Control makes a few nice units reasonably priced. I feel the problem is the line input voltage if the PAC loc is a simple unit with no type of controls or processing that would be the best place to start. going from 2v or less input to 4v+ would make a big difference on being able to push the amp louder and clean.

What I did is I got one of the pac loc's that plug directly into the back of my stock head unit and gives me pre outs with the gain control. From there I ran my rca's to a clarion 746eqs, that then boosted my rca outs to right at 4v at my amps. Pretty dang clean.

What I did is I got one of the pac loc's that plug directly into the back of my stock head unit and gives me pre outs with the gain control. From there I ran my rca's to a clarion 746eqs, that then boosted my rca outs to right at 4v at my amps. Pretty dang clean.
The clarion 746eqs does it separate the sub frequency from the rest of bands? I use to have a cadence ceq-773 but they discontinued them. I don't know why I ever got rid of it.

The clarion 746eqs does it separate the sub frequency from the rest of bands? I use to have a cadence ceq-773 but they discontinued them. I don't know why I ever got rid of it.
nope, that 50 hertz knob on it is like a 50 hertz bass boost knob, leave if flat or **** gets smelly.

Honestly op, you underestimate the power of a strong head unit. A head unit is the source of the audio where it comes from. If its not powerful and clean from the getgo, its really hard to boost it up with cheap misc LOCs or EQs, there's no replacement for a good head unit other than a Digital sound processor, like the bit 10 you mentioned or JBL ms-8, rockford 360.3 and other big named processors etc...

nope, that 50 hertz knob on it is like a 50 hertz bass boost knob, leave if flat or **** gets smelly.
Honestly op, you underestimate the power of a strong head unit. A head unit is the source of the audio where it comes from. If its not powerful and clean from the getgo, its really hard to boost it up with cheap misc LOCs or EQs, there's no replacement for a good head unit other than a Digital sound processor, like the bit 10 you mentioned or JBL ms-8, rockford 360.3 and other big named processors etc...
Wow that Bit 10 is really cheap.....SAID NO ONE EVER. Dear God that's expensive. I could not mount the new deck where the old one went. I could like hide it somewhere and leave the tablet where it is. Would that make everything a lot louder? I got a buddy with a PH 4000 that I might could hook up and see what it sounds like.

EDIT: Well after a little searching around, there is no wonder why no F150 replace the stock HU. Its a ***** and half to do. Epically if you want steering wheel controls. Now im stuck between a rock and hard place. I could:

A) Buy a new amp and hope I like it and makes things even more loud

B)Buy new HU and spend 15+ hours hooking it up and lose my second screen in my truck

C) Buy a Bit 10 or something like ( have no one around here who can set it)

D) cry myself to sleep.

option D sounds good.
Or option E get an audiocontrol LC6I. Thats probably the best choice ATM for you, thats a pretty good LOC thats known to give a clean and strong signal.
Hmmm is it hard to set that. Im not sure how to hook it up.... To you tube!

yeah because that mb quart onyx amp is pretty much similar to my old bxi 1610D and it put out plenty of power.
Are we sure I need that or could my amp be on its last leg. My buddy has a VFL 4480.1 coming in so I may hook that up and see how it sounds and check the wattage on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.