So bigger amp?

So your loc'd out? I would start there. On your wave was it fuzzy or was it cutting the peak off?
Loc out? What do you mean? I got a nice clean sine wave. Turn the gain till it distort then backed off till it cleaned up

What are you running the rca's from? I assumed a line out converter hooked up to the factory head unit. Or are you running rca's from the tablet into your amp? What I'm getting at is if the amp is not receiving a good signal as it starts to amplify that signal it gets dirty quick.

What are you running the rca's from? I assumed a line out converter hooked up to the factory head unit. Or are you running rca's from the tablet into your amp? What I'm getting at is if the amp is not receiving a good signal as it starts to amplify that signal it gets dirty quick.
Pac unit. The rca cables gave a clean signal. They are near no power wires. They are shielded too. Signal seems clean all around. I think the amp is just inefficient and need to be replaced.

Just seen your'e running two sa 12's then yeah I would get a bigger amp some where between 2000-3000 watts. Those sa 12's can handle some power.

ummmm no the sundown sa 10 12 and 15 are thermally limited to 1000w each after that the coil starts to melt. on music you could get away with a bit more but with dubstep or tones you would ruin the sub quick.

my guess is he has two d2 subs wired to 2 ohm reason for low out put on amp either that or he doesnt realize a soft clip doesnt hurt the subs.

or that the loc is limiting the clean signal

if the subs arent moving they either arent broke in or they are in the wrong enclosure. ive dealt with alot of sundown subs and it doesnt take much to get them moving.

ummmm no the sundown sa 10 12 and 15 are thermally limited to 1000w each after that the coil starts to melt. on music you could get away with a bit more but with dubstep or tones you would ruin the sub quick.
my guess is he has two d2 subs wired to 2 ohm reason for low out put on amp either that or he doesnt realize a soft clip doesnt hurt the subs.

if the subs arent moving they either arent broke in or they are in the wrong enclosure. ive dealt with alot of sundown subs and it doesnt take much to get them moving.
You mean 1000 watts. They are DVC 4 wired down to one. The subs move. Just not at their full XMAX. Dont get me wrong the truck bumps now but i think it can get louder. Enclosure should be good.

I've seen videos of people running a pair of sa 8's on 2500 watts plus. It can be done it just depends on your setup

running of a 2500-3000 watt amp and taking 1250 to 1500 a piece are 2 completely different things.
What do you recommend. They can take 1k each cant they?

Whats you're opinion then?

Like I said it depends on your setup say for instance like putting subs in a smaller box so they can handle more power or etc.....
Well the box is already on the small side for two SA-12s ( that's what I was told). I think a PH 4000 may do the trick. Does about 2k at 1 ohm.

What do you recommend. They can take 1k each cant they? Yea there's a guy I know named Denis he had six sa 12's feeding them 1200 watts each daily no prob so yea go for it just set your gains right.

Whats you're opinion then?

Well the box is already on the small side for two SA-12s ( that's what I was told). I think a PH 4000 may do the trick. Does about 2k at 1 ohm.
Yes

Small boxes don't increase power handling. Your box is actually maxed out by sundowns specs. 2 cubes per is max recommended. So your box should be pretty efficient. I would possibly check out another amp in your truck and see if your wave is getting sloppy prematurely. It could possibly be the amp. The ph4000 is a decent amp. Personally if I was going to get another amp I would look for a constant power amplifier. That american bass amp is rated at 150 amp fusing the quart 140. So not much of a jump.

Small boxes don't increase power handling. Your box is actually maxed out by sundowns specs. 2 cubes per is max recommended. So your box should be pretty efficient. I would possibly check out another amp in your truck and see if your wave is getting sloppy prematurely. It could possibly be the amp. The ph4000 is a decent amp. Personally if I was going to get another amp I would look for a constant power amplifier. That american bass amp is rated at 150 amp fusing the quart 140. So not much of a jump.
The american bass ph4000md makes 1880ish watts at 1ohm I would recommend the vfl hybrid 4480

Well I know a guy named Denus that ran 6 sa 12's with 1100-1200 rms to each. I would run a saz 2500 but idk if that's in your price range. I plan on running two American bass tnt 12's in a 4th order blow through on about 800 watts each in a Buick Century

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I know a guy named Denus that ran 6 sa 12's with 1100-1200 rms to each. I would run a saz 2500 but idk if that's in your price range. I plan on running two American bass tnt 12's in a 4th order blow through on about 800 watts each in a Buick Century
Most of these guys tunning high wattage dont use there amps total power for long. Yea a short demo is fine but a 2hour trip cross state and you have cooked coils. If I where to use sundown I would run a saz1500d which makes right at 2k of power. The 2.5inch voice coil can only handle so much . And the sa8s mentioned above are completely different motor designs that allow for alot more forced cooling

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.