So bigger amp?

Most of these guys tunning high wattage dont use there amps total power for long. Yea a short demo is fine but a 2hour trip cross state and you have cooked coils. If I where to use sundown I would run a saz1500d which makes right at 2k of power. The 2.5inch voice coil can only handle so much . And the sa8s mentioned above are completely different motor designs that allow for alot more forced cooling
Not to thread jack but how much do you think the American bass Tnt 12's can handle daily?

Well I know a guy named Denus that ran 6 sa 12's with 1100-1200 rms to each. I would run a saz 2500 but idk if that's in your price range. I plan on running two American bass tnt 12's in a 4th order blow through on about 800 watts each in a Buick Century
I don't care about your friend and his penus. Just wrap those pubes tightly around your hands and hug away.

But please, tell me all about your penus' s system. So he has 6 12's, wired down to what load? What amp is he running? What's his electrical? Now since you have to keep butting in while I'm trying to help somebody get the most out of their system.... I need to hear all about your tnt 12's and your big plans. And please tell me how you are going to insure they see 800 watts. Better make that 4th order smaller so it can handle the wattage....

And please tell me how any of this is helping the op with his original question. The amp he has is known for doing close to rated. He needs to get as much of that out of it as possible. Right now he is at 62% of rated which is odd for that amp. I also have a pac plug and play output on my stock head unit. It took me a while to get it gained in correctly so that my amp would function at its best. Op, does your pac unit have a gain or any adjustments? If the signal coming off the pac is really weak then the amp has a harder time amplifying that signal. May be why you are getting dirty so quickly. have you scoped your rca's and checked the voltage on them?

Ground behind the seat. Tested it and it check out. Been I awhile since I tested it the voltage drop but it wasn't much. My truck has a big alternator already and the previous owner got a big battery put in. The signal is the Stock HU Bluetooth'ed to a tablet.
There's your culprit. That mb quart should be doing close to rated rms. You cant get too much output if the source is weak and cannot put a strong enough clean signal to the amp. Most stock head units are close to trash when it comes to producing a clean and strong signal even with an LOC. The only thing to remedy that is a Digital Sound Processor if you really want to keep the stock look. Otherwise, get better aftermarket head unit.

I don't care about your friend and his penus. Just wrap those pubes tightly around your hands and hug away.
But please, tell me all about your penus' s system. So he has 6 12's, wired down to what load? What amp is he running? What's his electrical? Now since you have to keep butting in while I'm trying to help somebody get the most out of their system.... I need to hear all about your tnt 12's and your big plans. And please tell me how you are going to insure they see 800 watts. Better make that 4th order smaller so it can handle the wattage....

And please tell me how any of this is helping the op with his original question. The amp he has is known for doing close to rated. He needs to get as much of that out of it as possible. Right now he is at 62% of rated which is odd for that amp. I also have a pac plug and play output on my stock head unit. It took me a while to get it gained in correctly so that my amp would function at its best. Op, does your pac unit have a gain or any adjustments? If the signal coming off the pac is really weak then the amp has a harder time amplifying that signal. May be why you are getting dirty so quickly. have you scoped your rca's and checked the voltage on them?
No, my pac unit just has RCA out. The signal was clean but don't remember the voltage. To check that I would assume I just play a 1000hz tone and DMM the leads?

There's your culprit. That mb quart should be doing close to rated rms. You cant get too much output if the source is weak and cannot put a strong enough clean signal to the amp. Most stock head units are close to trash when it comes to producing a clean and strong signal even with an LOC. The only thing to remedy that is a Digital Sound Processor if you really want to keep the stock look. Otherwise, get better aftermarket head unit.
Well the tabet isn't always synced to the car. I use my phone sometimes but I know that's not the point. Im trying to avoid a new HU. Not familiar with sound processors. Is that like a Bit ten?

lol really dude? Are you done being a ****? Did that boost your lil ego more lol. I already said I didn't mean to thread jack so how about u jump off the sack & not wrry about me okay? Have a blessed day & to answer your question three saz 2500's wired to 1 ohm each with two 4 ohm dvc sa 12's & six or 8 xs power d 3100's all O gauge wire with a high alt not sure how many amps tho & if I'm not mistaking subs in a sealed boxes are generally able to handle a little more power. I thought that would apply the same for a smaller box if I'm mistaken then enlighten me don't be a lil ***** about it!

lol really dude? Are you done being a ****? Did that boost your lil ego more lol. I already said I didn't mean to thread jack so how about u jump off the sack & not wrry about me okay? Have a blessed day & to answer your question three saz 2500's wired to 1 ohm each with two 4 ohm dvc sa 12's & six or 8 xs power d 3100's all O gauge wire with a high alt not sure how many amps tho & if I'm not mistaking subs in a sealed boxes are generally able to handle a little more power. I thought that would apply the same for a smaller box if I'm mistaken then enlighten me don't be a lil ***** about it!
I believe he was being sarcastic about the specs of the car.

You know very little about power handling and I'd encourage you to not be throwing around advice telling people to overpower things.

People who overpower things don't ask because they know what they are doing and/or don't care of they break things, or they don't know what they're doing and break things. Don't go around telling people to run a product beyond it's design limits unless you are the seller or manufacturer and are willing to replace or repair it when it breaks.

You know very little about power handling and I'd encourage you to not be throwing around advice telling people to overpower things.
People who overpower things don't ask because they know what they are doing and/or don't care of they break things, or they don't know what they're doing and break things. Don't go around telling people to run a product beyond it's design limits unless you are the seller or manufacturer and are willing to replace or repair it when it breaks.
Well I'm sorry but forgot about box rise but thanks for the input

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.