Sky High Car Audio is lying about strand count?

IMG_2135_zpsgbvpxrc8.jpg'%20alt='IMG_2135_zpsgbvpxrc8.jpg'>

I don't get it you paid right under 14 bucks for it and you want to complain. Next time spend 37.50 and you won't run into this issue. 50 039 Stinger 12 Gauge AWG Black Speaker Wire SPW512BK | eBay

Hate when people don't want to spend the extra money and what to complain.
Have you done a thread count on the Stinger to verify that's what it claims?

It's not a matter of price, it's a matter of lying. Honestly it's not like it wouldn't sell if they advertised accurately.

But it's OK to mark up a woofer 200 percent if they advertise right ? Car audio in general is a ripoff filled with shady dealers and reps get used to it .. This thread is stupid and you guys are drama queens
I disagree, I think misrepresenting something like this by close to 20% is a significant deception. I would never in a million years consider actually counting threads in wire myself, but frankly I'd be pretty pissed if I bought something and only got 80% what was advertised.

That all being said, I got some samples of 2/0 gauge Sky High from a friend and it exceeded my expectations based on 2/0 welding cable I've bought in the past.

Frankly after using it I'd strongly consider buying their wire either way but I'd feel a lot better about it if they advertised it truthfully.

Have you done a thread count on the Stinger to verify that's what it claims?
It's not a matter of price, it's a matter of lying. Honestly it's not like it wouldn't sell if they advertised accurately.

I disagree, I think misrepresenting something like this by close to 20% is a significant deception. I would never in a million years consider actually counting threads in wire myself, but frankly I'd be pretty pissed if I bought something and only got 80% what was advertised.

That all being said, I got some samples of 2/0 gauge Sky High from a friend and it exceeded my expectations based on 2/0 welding cable I've bought in the past.

Frankly after using it I'd strongly consider buying their wire either way but I'd feel a lot better about it if they advertised it truthfully.

Sky High 2/0 would be closer to 4/0 welding cable

what's crazy is 2 awg welding cable is **** near smaller than sky high 4 gauge

that marketing!

If you guys really want to feel screwed over how about melting it down and checking the strand content instead of the strand count in all of the CA wire //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah but I' am not trolling the forum with claims against a company either . I run a full set of 1/0 audio and big three and all SH fuse holders all my equipment was new in great condition and as expected.

Yeah but I' am not trolling the forum with claims against a company either . I run a full set of 1/0 audio and big three and all SH fuse holders all my equipment was new in great condition and as expected.
Awesome, I am sure that makes 72Impala and everybody else that got screwed over with used sh!@ feel better that you got yours in great condition and are nuthugging SHCA

Hell I know I feel better now

Latest response from SHCA,

Dear gamerzelite,

i tired to response to the case but it is closed now. Im sorry for our mistake our the speaker wire is .13mm and our power wire is .15mm. The original strand count was 295 .10mm and now it is 252 .13mm, for extra information we have changed all of our speaker wire strand counts due to all of our speaker wire strand changed from .10mm to .13mm.

- skyhighcaraudiocable

Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

Respond

Monoprice 12awg wire

Yall didn't really think this wire made in China would actually have the amount of strands as stated right?

I mean the kids who make it in the Chinese sweat shops barely have their eyes opened as is.
hughsung.jpg
Stupid round eye! Don't you know you squint to see more clearly!

There actually have been people on here complaining when they purchased 'New" fuse holders, only to receive b-stock / clearly used items. Now this? I would wait to see if the strand size / count ratio mentioned earlier has any merit. It does sound like a legitimate reason.

Well technically, it's 45 strands but no need in nitpicking. ;-)
But to be serious, that is kinda annoying. Especially since I'm a SHCA dealer. I have some of their 12 & 16 gauge wire on hand as well as some 0 & 2/0 power wire. I may count the speaker wire strands but I'm not sure I'm interested in tackling the 2/0, lol.

I wonder if they have a disclaimer somewhere that says the wire count is approximate?? Makes me wonder now....
Should be getting some SHCA 14 gauge speaker wire in soon. I'll check the numbers on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.