What could this noise be?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Syphlyn

Canada
Hey guys,

As of now im stilling running my 2 type Rs with an Alpine MRp-M1000 amp.

I recently set my gains using a DD1 from SMD so I know it isn't clipping. At high volume levels my subs make this odd noise it's hard to describe but it almost sounds like when you hold a piece of paper in the port. As you increase the volume level it increases and when you turn it down it decreases. The box is a pre fab that came with them Shown here. And no I didn't pay $400 for some **** box the idiot before me did lol.

Any ideas?

So far I've checked my subs for squeaking/rubbing when pressed in and checked my box for leaks and both passed. Also checked the rubber surround and it's firmly secured and not coming off as I heard this is common with the Type Rs.

Take the subs out of the box and check for mechanical noise when they're playing. If no noise, most likely the box
Hmm I think it's the box because before I had the DD1 my gains were so far down they never saw even 1/2 volume the subs are basically new.

Or the fabled dd1 isn't clipping g but is letting your subs bottom out.
That's what I thought at first too but at the same volume levels the sound occurs on higher freq notes and then when low notes hit and the subs move farther the noise goes away...so it can't be that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.