Skar VVX vs. Audioque 2.5

Vecticus
10+ year member

Dubstepper
After looking at both specifications on both of these subs I don't see much of a difference in numbers. Skar seems to play lower frequencies is the big difference I see. I know alot of people here root for Skar but take into consideration I don't enjoy more bass than mid's and highs. I need it to be balanced clear sound. With that in mind which do you think I should go with? Oh and I wan't to do a single 12 or 15.

Your mids and highs should be what you want to look at to even out your overall sound. Whether you went with the VVX or the AQ, both will most likely be loud enough to outshine your current mids/highs if they are stock.

As far as this vs that, both subs are made for different goals in mind. Ours was made to grind out the lower frequencies better than other 600rms drivers and so far they have done a great job at this from a customer opinion standpoint.

Let me know if you need anything else bro, I will be happy to help

Your mids and highs should be what you want to look at to even out your overall sound. Whether you went with the VVX or the AQ, both will most likely be loud enough to outshine your current mids/highs if they are stock.
As far as this vs that, both subs are made for different goals in mind. Ours was made to grind out the lower frequencies better than other 600rms drivers and so far they have done a great job at this from a customer opinion standpoint.

Let me know if you need anything else bro, I will be happy to help
I have the CDT HD61's in the door with around 100wrms going to each.

TBH I have never heard an SQ sub. I like the idea of having one since I enjoy clear music but all I've heard in the past is Cerwin Vega, JL, stuff like that. I guess I need to meet up with someone with a SQ setup and listen to it.

never heard a skar, but sounds like they're bottom heavy. If you play a lot of low rap stuff that would be my choice.

SDC's will play low as I've done a few set ups with them, but they're more punchy and favor mid 30's/40's. They can sound very good for daily playing all types of music.

most people's thoughts on a "SQ" substage is not truely "SQ" due to the fact most people have only heard fart boxes and prefab's built ****** with a very peaky frequency range that just get loud and sound bad doing it. You Listen to just about anyone on heres advice and you can make almost any subwoofer sound as good as your wanting it to sound because you just havnt heard true "SQ"....That said either choice is a good choice, I also noticed you have an Obsindian 12" in your sig, thats a good woofer in this group as well. To Me If if you listen to rap mostly I would lean towards the skar and if its more rock and some rap id lean towards the AQ. Not saying either wont play well both highs and lows....The Rest will lie in the box being correctly built to the specs of the subwoofer to perform well and sound good.

I have the CDT HD61's in the door with around 100wrms going to each.TBH I have never heard an SQ sub. I like the idea of having one since I enjoy clear music but all I've heard in the past is Cerwin Vega, JL, stuff like that. I guess I need to meet up with someone with a SQ setup and listen to it.
Most of the subwoofers manufactured by JL were made with SQ in mind..did you have it in a nice box, or just a sh*tty pre-fab one? If put in the right box, it should've sounded pretty clear. You'll get mixed opinions on this throughout the forum, however. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Like mentioned earlier, if you listen to a lot of rap, the VVX is really gonna satisfy you (SPL-wise, I haven't heard this particular sub's SQ yet) on the lows. But almost every subwoofer is designed with a different goal in mind, maybe you should get both and do a little comparison for us. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

I pretty much listen to all genre of music. From dubstep to classical. Not to big on metal. Soft rock every now and then. What ever I'm in the mood for.

The two JL's I've heard where in a custom box in a 2002 Sierra extended cab. He had a JL 500.1 on them. I like the way they sounded.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.