SA 8 v2 under truck bed

Participant count
  • Participant list

BahDunkAdunk
10+ year member

So I'm in a dilemma because I don't think both my sa8v2s subs will fit under my truck seat. The car is an Explorer Sport Track (so the truck). I have a shallow mount 12 inch sub right now and I'm sure the sundowns will sound much better but I'm afraid one won't be as loud as my 12 which is running on 350 watts rms. Do you think one will have a notable drop of output if I'm running it on about 750 watts rms?

I'm planning on building a box for it around .65 net cubic feet and tuned to like 33 or so hz...

Okay well would it be better to run one in a optimal ported enclosure or fit 2 in a sealed box? I think I read somewhere that jacob said the sa 8 v2s weren't designed for sealed boxes and it wouldn't sound right but I'm curious...

Jacob himself said that the V2s are not meant to be ran in sealed... With that being said, I would not run them sealed. I think one in an optimal box would surprise you over your shallow mount 12. They dont require much air space, however, so maybe you could squeeze both of them somewhere. They can run in about .6 cubes.

Not sure right now cause my car is at my friends but I think its around 10 inches max height, no more than a foot deep and then I think around 18 inches wide max...if I wanted to do 2 I think I would have to extend the box underneath the other side of the bench cause there is a big hum in the middle that doesn't allow a box...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.