Skar audio good amp? and wiring question!

Soundqubeds are NOT hifonics amps. Most sq are zennon most hifonics are maxxonics. The reason why sundown is more is the warranty and the fact they actually honor it and for 5 years which is unheard of.

Sundown is like 33%more though :s
And I watched a video where Soundqubed was basically a beefed up hifonics? Plus they didn't really have the rms range I was looking for exactly

Of course i did! I was telling you to get an Sa12 from the yardsale instead of the fu 12..It was fun watching your transition into modern technology tho.
I remember when you first joined and said 2 ohm was the best. lucky you stuck around long enough and "seen the light" lol
no tahoe said 2 ohm was the best see his quote? i said i have 14yr old 4ga wire and din't wanta have to upgrade wires etc.. well i have big 3 done now so felt a little better about and 2 ohm is pleanty for my pioneer but not the fu, it could use 300more watts than i have at 1 ohm..

Sundown is like 33%more though :s
And I watched a video where Soundqubed was basically a beefed up hifonics? Plus they didn't really have the rms range I was looking for exactly
yeah and i have repeated that many times but that was a real nice hifonics they don't make anymore.. if u want a nice amp get the wolfram run at 1 ohm and set gain low..

Soundqubeds are NOT hifonics amps. Most sq are zennon most hifonics are maxxonics. The reason why sundown is more is the warranty and the fact they actually honor it and for 5 years which is unheard of.

So difference between the S1 and Q1 aside from price tag? Since I'd have to run at 1ohm with this

no tahoe said 2 ohm was the best see his quote? i said i have 14yr old 4ga wire and din't wanta have to upgrade wires etc.. well i have big 3 done now so felt a little better about and 2 ohm is pleanty for my pioneer but not the fu, it could use 300more watts than i have at 1 ohm..
I take it I'll need to upgrade my 4ga wire to run 2krms?

I take it I'll need to upgrade my 4ga wire to run 2krms?
yeah the q amps are better but how much emains to be seen.. yes u will need 0 ga ofc wire or 2/0 welding cable (about the same size at 0ga car audio wire but most peeps say it's better and normally cheaper) u will also need big 3 wire if u haven't done that so just buy like 10-12 feet more wire than u need for amp.. i forgot what u are powering right now but u can get wolfram 1500 tested 1600rms nice amps... u want killer deal?, get brutal sounds 2.1 tested 2300rms $349 and it tested so efficient we really aren't sure the clamp was right but even if it was close it's amazing.. this is our guy bigblank69

yeah and i have repeated that many times but that was a real nice hifonics they don't make anymore.. if u want a nice amp get the wolfram run it at 1 ohm and set gain low.
Not the proper way to set the gain.

oh so he should set gain very high then ok .. d a m n moron.. u can't set xovers don't go telling peeps how to set gains now..
Still continuing to beat that dead horse I see. There's more to it than telling a person to set gains low...come on you should know this by now since your always on here. But offering someone bad advice just like what you did in the other thread about port length/shortness is wrong too....and this is coming from someone who bought a prefab then had someone build them a box and you never built a box in your lifetime, you know nothing about enclosure design. Again....please stop with the misinformation.

So if this were you, and you were going to run it at 1 ohm with gain set ~50%, which would you go with?

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

S1 is from the China build house q1 is from Korean. Korean amps are generally built with better components and quality control
Meant to quote you in my above comment

Not a bad price! Should I just go ahead and get the 00 instead of 0? And would you say 20ft would be good to wire all the way to an amp and a sub in the back of a Yukon?
idk man thats a big a s s ride if u gonna run 2k or more u should get the 00 welding wire (or 0ga car audio) but the welding wire is tough as jeff says it has to meet standards because it gets drug around shop floor all day.. u may wanta get 30 ft so u have plenty and maybe enough left to do big 3 wire which will also be a must on that power..

So if this were you, and you were going to run it at 1 ohm with gain set ~50%, which would you go with? 

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

Meant to quote you in my above comment
1/2 way will most likily be to high on a 2-3k amp if u have 4-5v preamp outputs on hu.. here's is video on how to set agin with 50hz tone and and volt meter basically if u want 2k from a 3k amp @1 ohm u would want volt meter to read 44.7v or as close to that as u can get with a 50 hz tone playing (subs un hooked)no bass boost or loudness at all with hu at about 80% max volume (and don't go past that after u set gain there)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.