size and wiring ...

Participant count
  • Participant list

pullout & faceoff

CarAudio.com Newbie
Jersey
What's going on fellas (and any ladies here). I have a stock system in my car, 6 1/2" speakers in both the front and back and smaller 3 1/2" dash speakers. Does anybody know if it's possible to throw 8" two ways in the back upper dash and 6x9"'s in the front and rear doors without adding an amp? I know I'll have to do some cutting but I'm hoping to keep everything else stock without re-wiring or upgrading anything but the speakers. Thanks for any help.

6.5" is a much better speaker size. Save that money you were going to spend on 8" 2 ways and 6x9s and use it on a good set of 6.5"s, and tweeters for the front as well as a good amp for them.

really? I have a real old school love and mentality for the days we had pullout radios and face offs (hence the name) and when we put 12's, 10's or 8's in a box and mounted it in the trunk for that deep bass and high volume bump. I don't want to put a box in so I thought mounting 8's and 6x9's would give a similar effect, thanks for that heads up, saving money with a good quality sound is always a good thing!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.