SIR-ALP1 compatibility with 2007/8 Alpine Head Units

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdavis37
10+ year member

NC
After considering more extreme options ( changing out my Alpine CDA-9835 head unit soon ), I've decided to stay with Alpine due mostly to budgets ( other hobbies are demanding to be fed too ), needs, and simplicity.

I've narrowed the search down to the CDA-9886 or 9887 ( decision will depend upon the pricing for the imprint module for the 9886 when it comes out... I do hope to use USB, and it appears the 9886 can drive a portable 2.5 inch hard drive ).

I'm trying to determine if my current SIR-ALP1 Sirius tuner will work with the above head units, or if I will have to purchase yet another Sirius tuner (PNP ). My Sirius subsription is due on Feb 7, 2007, so I'd like to avoid the hassle of a subscription transfer if possible. Thx

Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I assumed it would but nowadays it's so often that new stuff requires even more new stuff. I was actually considering going to a double DIN touchscreen setup but after seeing the customization required to make it fit in my 2000 Passat dash, etc etc, the final cost was going to become " not worth it for me ". Keeping things simple makes the head unit swap a whole lot easier. Thx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.