Amp/Speaker compatibility

Participant count
  • Participant list

elflamablanca

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2012 IS 250 and I have some questions about the sound system. I have the stock NAV head unit. Currently there is a Kicker CX 600.1 amp . I have 2 10" Kicker Comp S subs

All the other speakers are stock. The 8" stock sub that is in the rear deck is no longer there. It was blown so I took it out and didnt replace it.

I have 4 speakers laying around from my wifes car. They are Kicker CS 6.5 2 way speakers Could these speakers work with the amp and subs that I have in my car?

I know that there is a stock amp in the car and someone said it is connected to my amp via a LOC. Does this amp power all the speakers and the Kicker amp only powers the kicker subs??

Majority of Stock Vehicle speakers are 2 ohm version. Placing 4 ohm speakers on an existing manufactured amp rated for 2 ohms may effect the output on the new 4 ohm speakers installed. You can put in a 4 ohm amplifier and by pass all existing amplifiers with the proper LOC, or simply install another 4 ohm speaker per ch to help with the proper ohm load needed from the existing onboard amplifier.

Majority of Stock Vehicle speakers are 2 ohm version. Placing 4 ohm speakers on an existing manufactured amp rated for 2 ohms may effect the output on the new 4 ohm speakers installed. You can put in a 4 ohm amplifier and by pass all existing amplifiers with the proper LOC, or simply install another 4 ohm speaker per ch to help with the proper ohm load needed from the existing onboard amplifier.

I looked at the stock amp and it shows all speakers have 4 ohms and the 8" stock subwoofer is 2 ohms.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...