Single Or Dual Tweets?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just realized that if i mount these selenium 6w4p's in my doors i will have to relocate my tweets. So i was looking for different places for an easy install and i found the defroster cover panel. Its the length of the dash and has plenty of room for tweets. Not much mounting depth though. Small format tweets should fit nicely. My question is...... is it ok to use 2 tweets per side? I am thinking of running (2) 4 ohm tweets per side for a total of 8 ohms per side , and then the pair of 8 ohm mids in the doors. Ran active on (2) Sony XM-5540's Bridged. Any thoughts on this setup?

well , i'm just shopping for them right now. I hate the jbl's i got from you. There is nothing wrong with them mechanically i just don't like the sound of the metal composite tweets. They are going back in the old ladies car where they will be appriciated. She likes them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

But....... back to the subject at hand. If i mount them on the A pillars it will require me to actually work. LOL. I have never glassed before and thats what it will require to get them on axis and in the right location. LOL.

a lot of tweeters come with surface mount adapters...I know the DD T2's do....They are pretty much same tweeters as the old Pioneer REV's...they sound great...I have one set in my Wrangler and they hang well with several 1000 wattrs on bass and i'm only running 65x2 to them

I just need them to keep up with the loud ass selenium midbasses. Those bishes are loud. I'm thinking i may get a pair of large format 4 ohm Vifa's in the A pillars and do it all like this.

Sony 5540 #1 - Tweets (Front Channels) , 6x9's (Rear Channels Full Range)

Sony 5540 #2 - Midbasses (2 Channels Bridged)

Still haven't made any commitments to what type of sub stage i'm going with. I gotta get the important stuff done first. LOL.

For SQ all drivers should be placed as close together as possible to prevent phase distortion: distortion that is caused when two or more sound waves interact with each other and cause distortion by canceling or augmenting each other.

In the real world, phase distortion typically destroys the sound stage and can cause a loss of fidelity by creating peaks and valleys in frequency responce.

For all intents and purposes, most people don't pay much mind to that kind fidelity in a car and have other glaring issues to attend to.

Personally, I advocate and use the least amount of drivers: two up front and subs in the back.

Think about it: when music is recorded it is recorded at two points: the most effective way to play back is with two points.

For SQ all drivers should be placed as close together as possible to prevent phase distortion: distortion that is caused when two or more sound waves interact with each other and cause distortion by canceling or augmenting each other.
In the real world, phase distortion typically destroys the sound stage and can cause a loss of fidelity by creating peaks and valleys in frequency responce.

For all intents and purposes, most people don't pay much mind to that kind fidelity in a car and have other glaring issues to attend to.

Personally, I advocate and use the least amount of drivers: two up front and subs in the back.

Think about it: when music is recorded it is recorded at two points: the most effective way to play back is with two points.
I understand all of that. But i'm not really going for all out SQ. If that were the case i wouldn't be putting PA speakers in my doors.

What about your rear seat passengers ?

Who cares? I know I don't, that's why I got rid of my rear seat. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Unfortunatly i can't get rid of mine. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

it's gonna take a lot of deadener or sealed pods in the doors to fill my car with midbass like 6x9's in the rear deck do. The 6x9's put out 80% of the midbass in my car now. The worst part about that is the 6x9's are only on deck power while the comps are amped with one of them 5540's right now. Thats roughly 400+ watts on the doors and around 30 in the rear deck. LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.