New guy having trouble with local shops and speaker options

LittleJoe
10+ year member

Hey guys. We have 3 car audio shops where I am. One has the best line of products but with very questionable business practices(I was a victim years ago and haven't heard much positive talk since) and the other two do not have much of speaker choices. Actually one is really pushing the Maestro(can't find much on the sound quality of these speakers except they were the old MB Quart co.) and the last shop will just get whatever you want with not much in stock. The later shop seems top be recommended but I like to see what I am going to get. They are wanting to install Pheonix amps and Polk speakers but I am under the impression those companies are not that good.

Help me out guy. I am trying to install speakers and a 4 channel amp in my 2008 Jetta. It has a mid bass diver at the waist while sitting, a 2" and a tweeter in the front doors.

Maestro is the same factory and designers of MBQuart ( original ) and they still design all the new MBQuart as well ( just made elsewhere now )

buy online and install yourself or pay them too..

It pays off in the long run to start on the right foot with a shop. Bringing in outside gear is mistake #1 if you're hoping to get a good deal. A great shop doesn't necessarily have to have the products in stock you want to hear. It's a big risk to keep inventory when the list of competitors is nearly endless and shopper loyalty is low.

it pays even more to read the help 101 section and the stickies on this site that many veterans in this industry put together to help you learn to do it yourself just as well for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I called the friendly recommended shop and they were more than happy to install equipment that I'd bring in. However, if they can get the equipment and give me a reasonable price I will let them do it.

I would love to do it myself but I have no idea what to do and even if I had instructions I do not have the time. I own 2 business one hour apart and a family. My time is too valuable to spend installing a stereo I could manage to foul.

Well I am trying to decide between a few different components.

The German-Maestros(I can't remember which model but I know they are $500 a pair.)

Polk Audio MM6501

Boston Acoustics SC60

JL Audio C2-650

Alpine Type-R SPR-17S

Last edited by a moderator:
Well today I went to two different shops and listened to the EV series of the Maestros, JL C5 and Boston Pro60's.

From what I could tell given the different environments the Maestros were amazing!!!!

I think I am going to give them a try.

I wasn't sure if a shop would install a product that didn't come from their inventory.
hell ya they will.. its all about the benjamins.. or jeffersons //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

LittleJoe

10+ year member
LittleJoe
Carolina's
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from