New ride, new system...

Participant count
  • Participant list

OmegaBunny
10+ year member

Just bought a '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser and I need some recommendations for a new system. H/U will eventually be a DD touchscreen so I'm not worried about that right now. I do need advice on speakers. I ordered the Crescendo 6.5" comps, but still ot sure if I'm going to run them or not. I might put them in my wife's car. I also have a set of PG RSD's, and some older Boston 5.25" comps. I can give then either 75 x 4 or 150 x 2.

-Which set should I use for my front stage, or is there another set that I should look at.

-Next what are some good coax's for the rear fill? I had Pioneer Rev's in the past and they were good on H/U power. Should I get another set of those or are there other good coax's for round the same price?

-Should I put the tweets in the dash on mount in the door and run 3 1/2's in the dash? What are some good 3 1/2"?

Also, I can run 4" in the very rear pillars, should I unhook them or can you recommend some good 4" coax?

Last, there are 2 speakers in the headliner firing down, should I just unhook them?

budget, as cheap as possible. The wife doesn't want me spending more money since I just bought a new car. I whould tell the Bish to STFU but she makes more money then me:crap:

Sub-12" IA Flatlyne, but will probably buy another

Sub amp-AP15001D

Thanks for the help!

how old are those Boston 5.25?

If they are the older pro's i would run them.

if you weant to loolk into a good buy Bravox are on slae @ SSA

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Speakers/

if my understanding is correct Bravox is from South America & they been making speakers since the 1950's

I'm not crazy about rear fill, but if i had to do rear fill then i think i would look into a fullrange driver that you could run off of deck power.

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=121&products_id=773

https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=121&products_id=83

wow you have speakers in the headliner?

so i guess you are using the OEM headunit?

what 4-channel amp are you buying or do you own one already?

Are you deadening your doors-liiner-floor-hatch???

Dont forget deadener,aiming the speakers,placement,etc.......

The Bostons were bought on clearance in 2007 so they could be from 2005-2006. I found them when I was going through my shed. I had them in my Wrangler but I cannot remember the model, I will have to look when I get home.

H/U will be update in the next couple months to a DD touch screen, probably Kenwood. For now I will use a line-out converter.

Apparently the Fj Cruisers have small speakers in the headliner, I believe they are 3.5's. I won't be using them. The dash and rear pillars have 3.5's also but can fit 4". Should I just use the components and coaxials and forget about the smaller speakers or should I upgrade them to better 4"?

Doors and panels will get deadened, eventually but for now they wife says I can only get speakers. I'm not going to deaden the floor because I'm not sure how to do it. No carpet, just rubber. I may deaden the roof but I'd have to see if it will interfere with the airbags.

I have a cadence amp for mids, 2x150 or 4x75.

I sure as hell hope you paint the goofy white top to match the vehicle...they look so much better that way ...i have to wonder WTF Toyota was thinking......//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I was going to but I am starting to like it. It stands out against the black really well. I was going to replace all the silver accents on the outside with black, black rims, and paint the top. I might still do that but leave the top white.

I was going to but I am starting to like it. It stands out against the black really well. I was going to replace all the silver accents on the outside with black, black rims, and paint the top. I might still do that but leave the top white.
theres one thats been blacked out local including the top and it looks pretty sweet.....

Bostons are good speakers...i use to run Boston Pros back in the day....I've ran their 3 way 6.5 componets and all of their 2 way componets...I assume their new stuff is just as good....only think i found that sounded better were the new DD's....they have been proven better sq than a $1400 focal set in drop in replacement...and can be had for $300 a set so less than a 1/4 the price.....I think i have a video someplace

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.