Single cab Sub help

IF you go with the BM MKIII's, I hope you arent looking to purchase them anytime soon. I myself am looking for 2 of their BM MK MKIII's, but they dont have any left and trying to find anyone that will let go of their's is hard to find. I have been searching for the past 2 weeks and I have havent been successful on finding any. They havent said when their next pre-order date will be.

To shine some light on when these will be available, does anyone know when these will be available? I want to kno2 and Im sure you would like to know, Suicideking.

oh ok, yea trancer i would def like to know. I emailed nick but no answer, so if you hear of any people lookin to move em lemme kno. other wise 6 of those mb's are soundin good

oh ok, yea trancer i would def like to know. I emailed nick but no answer, so if you hear of any people lookin to move em lemme kno. other wise 6 of those mb's are soundin good
Thats exactly what Im looking at getting.

1st option is the BM MKIII's

2 the MB Quart 304's

Or Probox's loaded 10" sub box. Gerald, the Engineer out in Kaufman, TX invited me to come out there. Its about an hour drive for me, so Ill be out there sometime next week.

I just wish the MB Quarts came in a Dual 2 ohm configuration. I dont get why so many manufacturers only make a Dual 4 ohm configuration. If you run two Dual 4 ohm subs, you either will have a final ohm load of 1 ohm (which I WILL NEVER DO as a daily driver, I dont care if its 1 ohm stable or not) or run a 4 ohm final load. Which would mean I need to find me a 1200+ watt amp (@2 ohm's, 600 at 4 ohms.) That can get pretty hefty on the pricing when it comes to finding a big powerful amp, and only running 600 watts total. Seems redundant.

Yea I understand, lemme kno how the loaded box works, and any links you have to it would be cool. The BMs are definately my favorite choice for the shallows but we'll see, i head back home in about 6 weeks so if they arent open by then the 6 MBs or the SA-8s are next up. but I dont mind the 1 ohm so much for a daily as long as the amp is quality and proficient for what ur using it on, we ran my dads 2 old school kenwood 12s in a ported box on 1 ohm and they were just ridiculous. but thats all preferance and comfort level i suppose.

I'm surprised no one has actually asked you any questions about the vehicle.

Do you have the bench seat or captains chairs?

Also, how tall are you? This will allow me to see how much space you are willing to give up.

If you are 6'4", I would say...yea....you are horribly limited. But, if you are 5'6", you have some 'notches' to give up on seat position to allow for the enclosure.

For aesthetics sake, I would recommend staying behind the seat w/ the system rather than building a center console.

If you can give up the space behind the seat, you have enough to allow for 4-8's ported. This would provide a very solid lownote and loud system.

Though some may recommend shallow mount subs, I have found that most have a hollow sound. (I have not heard the MB-quart or BM though) I will say that a SOLIDLY HATE the sound the shallow Memphis sub produces. I have only heard it in 3 installs, but IMHO, it sounds like every other shallow/flat sub I have heard. Weak, hollow, and pingy. These designs seem to regularly sacrifice function for form.

If you can allow for even a pair of well designed 8's in a properly designed ported enclosure, I will guarantee you will be much more pleased with a properly designed 2-8" enclosure....so far as sound quality is considered.

If you can manage as little as 2.5cuft net behind your seat and the mounting depth to allow for a solid 8", you can have a nice 2-8" enclosure.

If you are short (like me...lol) and can allow for ~4.3cuft, you could have a SICK 4-8" system!!!

I have the 40/20/40 bench with the middle removed, so capt chairs. Im 5'10/11 so I mean probably a max of 3 positions forward is what id be willing to give up for the right system. however Im not a box builder by any stretch but looking at it before if possible for the box i could have 3 stacked vertically between the seats as wide as the gap and then carry the ports and rest of the box behind the seats with the port/ports exiting towards the door/doors. would this work potentially?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.