single cab s10

derek9087
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
ok im new to this site but not new to the hobby.

i have a 98 single cab s10

.85 cubic ft sealed enclosure with an IDQ 12"

ive lost no leg room whatsoever

when i open the door the sub hits extremely hard, but i want it to hit that hard all the time. if i port it the ID sheet says it'll get twice as loud but will my air movement problem go away?

im currently thinking of a way to get 1.25 cubes in that little truck

thankyou for your time and effort:up2somet:

ok im new to this site but not new to the hobby.
i have a 98 single cab s10

.85 cubic ft sealed enclosure with an IDQ 12"

ive lost no leg room whatsoever

when i open the door the sub hits extremely hard, but i want it to hit that hard all the time. if i port it the ID sheet says it'll get twice as loud but will my air movement problem go away?

im currently thinking of a way to get 1.25 cubes in that little truck

thankyou for your time and effort:up2somet:
you never said you have a problem in the first place. do you want your sub to get louder and move more air, or sound better and move less air?

ported=louder/more air movement

sealed=cleaner/less air movement

When you open the door its like you are "porting" your truck.

Thats why some guys open their door when burping for SPL competions ( if its allowed) for a higher score.

Ported can be just as clean as a sealed enclosure, it all depends on the tuning

Single cabs arent really know for comforatable driving positions and being loud.

If you feel like driving like a granny then you can get loud because the enclosure will take up a fair amount of space.

trust me dude, I've got 3 JL 10W6s that I just built a box for today for my '95 Ranger (standard cab)..I drove home from the shop with the unfinished box behind my seats and it *****..I'm thinking about just finishing it and selling it..because there's no way it's gonna stay in my truck..

..I'd LIKE to find somebody that wants to get rid of their import for a truck..I want a car again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

reccomended ported enclosure is between 1.00 and 1.50

That probably doesnt include port displacement or woofer displacement.

.85 is alot smaller than 1.25

If you dont plan to loose any leg room you better figure out a way to make a 1.25 ft^3 enclosure fit behind your seat without moving it.

I used the entire width of the back wall of my cab, came out 6 inches on top, and 10 inches on bottom. the height for the back is like 10 inches. I lost every bit of my leg room. had to slide my seats all the way up, as far as they'd go. I can drive like that with no problem, but it just gets old after a while...I dunno if I'm gonna keep it in there or not yet..we'll see how it turns out. if I'm not happy with it, OUT IT COMES!

ya thats where i get some problems with space = port displacement

the speaker is inverted as i forgot to mention. i was thinking about (slot ports)

i dont know if there called that) and have 2 running along the bottom of the box.

i want fiberglass but it might be to cold for that.

im very happy with what i have now but it doesnt seem to boom on the outside of the truck and id like to turn heads or at least get a decent spl #. that is why i wanna port it. and blow throughs are to much for me. i really dont liike the idea of cutting through my truck unless i had 8 15"s or something crazy

oh and i wont lose any seat room by any means neccesary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

s10s must have a lot bigger cabs, because I know a guy with a standard cab S10 with 4 Infinity 10s in it and he didn't seem to lose any leg room whatsoever (that I could tell)...

this is a bump for more people to read and help in my situation

i want it loud and the main question i have is, if i port it will the sub sound louder or will it sound the same because i would still have to open the door for air to move?

also the amp i have is a BS bazooka 600.1 with out Subsonic filter.

do i need subsonic filter if i port it?

could ne 1 recommend me a new amp if i need 1 with SS filter

this is a bump for more people to read and help in my situation
i want it loud and the main question i have is, if i port it will the sub sound louder or will it sound the same because i would still have to open the door for air to move?

also the amp i have is a BS bazooka 600.1 with out Subsonic filter.

do i need subsonic filter if i port it?

could ne 1 recommend me a new amp if i need 1 with SS filter

subsonic filters are recomend for ported aplications. there act as a realy low hipass filter. it filters out anything BELOW where u set it. this alows u to run a ported box and not over-excurt your sub below tuning. how every if u tune low enough and set your gains propley, u wont have a problem. also the resone your truck gets louder with a door or window open is cabin gain. truck have POOOOOOR cabin gain. opening the door makes the sub think it has more room or cabin gain and therefor plays louder. i noticed this when u went from and SUV to my Xcab S10.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.