2 JL W3V3 box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Roid_monkey
10+ year member

Hi im new here and I just got 2 12 W3V3's, and am going to construct a ported box for them. My first q is is there any pros/cons of having 1 chamber and 1 port for them both, or seperate chambers/ separate ports? My second question is what should I tune them to. JL recomends 30 hz, but is this too low? I want a little more DB's, preferably) . And my final question is about sealing. Once the box is put together, how do I seal the inside of the port walls if they are like 1.5 inches wide, even the smallest and girliest of arms couldnt't fit in there to seal it. In case it matters, they are running off a Kicker zx750.1, and the external maximum dimensions are 34 wide x 14 tall x 18-22 deep.

The only thing bad about a common chamber is if one sub goes. The remaining one will have all the airspace to itself. You can check re audio's enclosure calculator, or moe lesters sticky for box size and tuning.

Don't sweat sealing up the port, as long as the main chamber is sealed up you'll be alright. Try tuning your box to 33hz, you can tune a little higher. But don't go overboard for a daily setup.

Hi im new here and I just got 2 12 W3V3's, and am going to construct a ported box for them. My first q is is there any pros/cons of having 1 chamber and 1 port for them both, or seperate chambers/ separate ports? My second question is what should I tune them to. JL recomends 30 hz, but is this too low? I want a little more DB's, preferably) . And my final question is about sealing. Once the box is put together, how do I seal the inside of the port walls if they are like 1.5 inches wide, even the smallest and girliest of arms couldnt't fit in there to seal it. In case it matters, they are running off a Kicker zx750.1, and the external maximum dimensions are 34 wide x 14 tall x 18-22 deep.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

ok i decided on two separate chambers. Usin the RE calculator, I've got dimensions for 1.77 ft^3 (includin DD) tuned to 31.6 Hz. Will this be good? I'm looking for primary on SQ and hitting lows, but want any DB's I can get.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.