Single cab ram 2014 box sounds terrible

1mounty

texas
Hello, I built a box for a friend to try in his 14 single cab ram. Dimensions were 57x8x15.5. Ported 2.25 port first L 4.25x15 and L2 30x15 sounds terrible lots of port noise. Anyone have a box for American bass xfl 12 for a single cab behind the seats that sounds good? Or have any suggestions on what I did wrong or could change?

It was like 1.3 net and port length I believe was 34
Pics?.. What is the port area (Height x Width)

the port length down the center of the port and exact external dimensions... with this information someone will be able to help you... unless you're going to start over... then just your exact available area and configuration... I'd imagine that given the dimensions you alluded to it is built sub front port front?.. Your wording of the port dimensions is vague... any bracing?.. 3/4" material?.. more info is better... is it a round port, square or slot?.. More info please.

Pics?.. What is the port area (Height x Width)the port length down the center of the port and exact external dimensions... with this information someone will be able to help you... unless you're going to start over... then just your exact available area and configuration... I'd imagine that given the dimensions you alluded to it is built sub front port front?.. Your wording of the port dimensions is vague... any bracing?.. 3/4" material?.. more info is better... is it a round port, square or slot?.. More info please.
I am just going to start all over and build another but the exact space I have to work with is 57w x 8l x 15.5h and I'm using 3/4 mdf. I had no bracing and I had to put a speaker ring on it so the sub would fit in the box. The sub is a American bass xfl 12 and it will be powered by a 1000 watt amp

Take a pic of the truck with the old box in it... take a few pics... show clearance beside the box... speaker/port clearance with the seats put in regular driving position... Your measurements are fine I'm sure but I for one want to see the clearances with a 57w x 15.5h x 8d box while in the truck... please

Take a pic of the truck with the old box in it... take a few pics... show clearance beside the box... speaker/port clearance with the seats put in regular driving position... Your measurements are fine I'm sure but I for one want to see the clearances with a 57w x 15.5h x 8d box while in the truck... please
Okay I fixed the problem I didn't realize he had a crappy planet audio amp and I hooked my amp up to it and it sounds amazing. I told him he needed to get a new amp.

But now my new problem is while I was unscrewing the srews on my amp I arced it by connecting the screw drivier the amps metal frame and now my car has a high pitch wine and I can't get it to go away. Please help

Okay I fixed the problem I didn't realize he had a crappy planet audio amp and I hooked my amp up to it and it sounds amazing. I told him he needed to get a new amp.
But now my new problem is while I was unscrewing the srews on my amp I arced it by connecting the screw drivier the amps metal frame and now my car has a high pitch wine and I can't get it to go away. Please help
Ive used and installed several cheap Planet Audio amps running at 2 ohm mono and 1 ohm mono and they all seem to have plenty of power and do well for a cheap amplifier.They will run hot as hell if worked hard but do serve just fine with settings established /setting adjusted properly.You may have damaged a capacitor/cap on the board of the amplifier or one at the power supply by grounding out.If you have a Pioneer HU, more than likely, that PICO Fuse is damaged.You may get lucky and find a ground loop isolator that may help,but will still get some buzzing issues and more than likely get worse over time of use

So,take that amp and get it tested, or replace with another be my opinion.Dirty noise and dirty signals are not good for any speaker

Ive used and installed several cheap Planet Audio amps running at 2 ohm mono and 1 ohm mono and they all seem to have plenty of power and do well for a cheap amplifier.They will run hot as hell if worked hard but do serve just fine with settings established /setting adjusted properly.You may have damaged a capacitor/cap on the board of the amplifier or one at the power supply by grounding out.If you have a Pioneer HU, more than likely, that PICO Fuse is damaged.You may get lucky and find a ground loop isolator that may help,but will still get some buzzing issues and more than likely get worse over time of use
I unhooked the amp I did it too and it still makes the noise. I do have a pioneer headunit so that could be it? Could it have affected my rockford 800.4 running my door speakers? I arced it out on my crescendo Bc 2000

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.