single alternator vs dual alternators

hello i have 1 240 amp alternator but i need more amps if i add another 240 amp alternator will that help or add 1 400 amp alternator and if i add 2 240 amp alternators make it 480 amps or a strong 240 amps
im looking to power a dd m3b and 2 mtx 3404 amp plus 2 sets of 35 watt h.i.d lights for a 2003 aurora fully loaded i want the volts to be around 14 -15 with out a 16 volt conversion

also i have a yellow top plus a xs power 3100
I run 3 H/O alternators under the hood of my van. There is an enormous advantage to using mutable alternators. First off when you talk to the best builders of alternators they honestly explain that the highest output alts also produce the most heat and require the most rpms to achieve their results. Heat in an alternator accounts for about 25% loss from the rating of that alt right off the bat. Running two alts or three alts reduces the load that one alt would have seen thus reduces heat.

Having two different batteries is costing you a bunch of power also. Batteries are another topic though but you do need to get some good info and that sure hasn’t happened. Best bet would be to do some google research.

I run 3 H/O alternators under the hood of my van. There is an enormous advantage to using mutable alternators. First off when you talk to the best builders of alternators they honestly explain that the highest output alts also produce the most heat and require the most rpms to achieve their results. Heat in an alternator accounts for about 25% loss from the rating of that alt right off the bat. Running two alts or three alts reduces the load that one alt would have seen thus reduces heat.
Having two different batteries is costing you a bunch of power also. Batteries are another topic though but you do need to get some good info and that sure hasn’t happened. Best bet would be to do some google research.
also i told him to get rid of the off yellow top and pick up a matching group 31, but i guess i thats not "good" info either. and since he said that he can get a 2nd alt for cheap i said that would work as well........ more bad info huh...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.